weald farm

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldtimer

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
guess wot he gave me a refund but the cheque bounced:cool:

Look on the bright side, at least he acknowledged you exist! I have a feeling that if he has no cash to pay you, he has no cash to pay anyone.

Some one call the court house, i know a man who may need to declare himself bankrupt...Again :sifone:

On another note, he must keep some sort of papaer work. I got a phone call from the RBI asking about the bees i bought from WPF. He is sending a local inspector to inspect my bees on monday.

Look on the bright side, at least he acknowledged you exist! I have a feeling that if he has no cash to pay you, he has no cash to pay anyone.

Some one call the court house, i know a man who may need to declare himself bankrupt...Again :sifone:

On another note, he must keep some sort of papaer work. I got a phone call from the RBI asking about the bees i bought from WPF. He is sending a local inspector to inspect my bees on monday.

had mine checked they where ok mine came from his farm where he lives

wEALD PLACE FARM BEES LTD
Date authorised: 26/01/2011
Company Number: 07505431

Private Limited Company
1 Director: Mr William Richard Alldis

1 share (£1.00)
share holder: Mr William Richard Alldis

Company Service Address:
STUDIO 5 THE CHICKEN SHED
WEALD PLACE FARM 9 DUCK LANE
THORNWOOD
ESSEX
UNITED KINGDOM
CM16 6NE

That's one of the things wrong with business law in this country.
Set up a company, bust it and then unless you are banned from being a director you can start another company the next day. Seems to happen in all industries and sectors.

It's currently listed as active at Companies House so still trading.

Last edited:
Are people who've paid deposits for items not recieved low down the list of creditors if anything happens to a Private Limited Company?

That's what "ltd" is about, it's short for "limited liability" - it means that if you start up a company that goes down the pan, the company is liable for debts, not the proprietor/shareholders* - and as I understand it, unless criminal intent can be proved, a new company can be formed and carry on trading...

*if the company consists of a rented room and office equipment, and has a pile of debts and no assets, then there's not a snowball in hell's chance of getting recompense - sometimes when a reputable company folds through no fault of it's own, all the assets are sold, and they may pay a percentage of what you're owed, usually at something like "12p in the £"........

If you are trading on the internet do you have to declare you are a PLC? There's nothing on the WPF website about being a PLC....

an within our law : so many start up again... and again ... and again... when banned from being a director get their spouse. brother. girlfriend. boyfriend etc to start company then ruin it again.. and again... and again...

Even when caught done for fraud some still carry on... usual stuff Let the buyer beware..

very embarrasing to be stung by a confidence trickster.....

QUICK someone knock me off the political soap box befoer I get goinig about the ConDems again!!!!!!

It's not as far as I know a "PLC" which is a company that sells shares to the public - it's a "Limited" company, usually owned by a sole trader or group of businessmen who don't make their shares publicly available.
I have a feeling that the company status should be mentioned on the website - trading standards are the people to consult about that

That's what "ltd" is about, it's short for "limited liability" - it means that if you start up a company that goes down the pan, the company is liable for debts, not the proprietor/shareholders* - and as I understand it, unless criminal intent can be proved, a new company can be formed and carry on trading...

*if the company consists of a rented room and office equipment, and has a pile of debts and no assets, then there's not a snowball in hell's chance of getting recompense - sometimes when a reputable company folds through no fault of it's own, all the assets are sold, and they may pay a percentage of what you're owed, usually at something like "12p in the £"........

:eek::eek::eek: I believe PAFC (Plymouth Argyle Footie Club) offered not even 1p in the £ per share when it went t*ts up !!!!:svengo:

I have to say: read carefully. It does state Private Limted Company, Not Public Limited Company.

Edit: Am I right that a Public Limited Company must have a 'Board of Directors'?

RAB

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply Brosville...

RAB: That's why I was asking. I'm not into company law...!

Last edited:
Are shareholders not accountable upto the amount they invested in a private limited company in shares?

In the case of WPF £1.00

had mine checked they where ok mine came from his farm where he lives

Are people who've paid deposits for items not recieved low down the list of creditors if anything happens to a Private Limited Company?

If you go on to his website you can still buy (give him some money:eek:). So he hasn't supplied as 'advertised', avoided refunding and as appears to have EFB... i.e. shouldn't be selling until clear

At what point does it become a legal matter where a buisness is basically in effect conducting a fraud via the internet?

Admin: From what I've been able to understand, I believe so!

Last edited:
Are shareholders not accountable upto the amount they invested in a private limited company in shares?

In the case of WPF £1.00

Correct.

I refuse to buy from unknown suppliers unless by credit card.. Due to the legal protection you get - money back - if supplier goes bust before you get your goods..

Anyone who sets up a £1 company and talks of trading >£100k a year (800nucs/year was mentioned I think) is grossly undercapitalised and always going to be short of cash...

Latest posts

Back