Weald Farm Orders

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"There would be a certain poetry about William redeploying his poly nucs as wine crates."

i can attest that they are useful for carrying bottles of Kopparberg cider.

[VID][/VID]Huummmmmmh and so the plot thickens.

If you read the content of rotor1947 experience and then look at the WPF website, the two could not be from the same planet?

On the website presentation, it is easy to see how even established beeks could be fooled by the spiel and glossy presentation?

Has anyone signed up for the members area? I registered and one of the facilities is access to A library of articles they are "Currently gathering and compiling" . This rings alarm bells for a company with such large bee stocks?

You can also track your order ( should be interesting if not informative)

You can also take part in the private forum. This appears to be as popular as the number of satisfied punters - one guest viewing ??

There is no link to the beekeeping forum - oh i wonder why not?

Finally . Has anyone actually contacted trading standards yet? Any feedback?
This is not just disgruntled customers. There is the need to check the validity of the advertising ? Similarly, has anyone contacted the Bee inspector re getting the premises checked over? If it were 10 miles from me and AFB, I would be knocking on the door?

Information/action?

Regards

FB

FB Do you mean this forum? because he does very much link to this forum

I have been following this thread with interest over the past few days, and was trying to work out whether this appeared to be just straightforward fraud or ineptitude.

Now, I think the latter. Gentleman appears to be a Walter Mitty type of character who has very little concept of the reality of providing a product/service to the public and the very significant amount of effort and investment (time and money) needed to do this properly and thrive.

I agree with the comments about the web site : it is slick and well written, but all goes to show that you can't judge a book by its covers, and a bit of research needs to be undertaken before comitting hard earned cash.

I have a nasty feeling that whilst his business will likely fold, he will resurface in another guise and will have learnt no lessons from his previous experiences. Perhaps that will then make it fraud?

plumberman;140589 said:
I have a nasty feeling that whilst his business will likely fold, he will resurface in another guise and will have learnt no lessons from his previous experiences. Perhaps that will then make it fraud?

This is his third business... Here is one you never knew about. He ran a photography business before he ran his printing business. Both failed! The Third one on its way out! How many more does he have to fail at before something is done?

Could someone pm his site address as I would like to take a look,
Thanks,
Sam

Odd. I ordered some queens from him not long ago ( before I read all this ), he immediately phoned to confirm my order, and they arrived promptly without hassle!

That could be because Queens need to be shipped out fast after they have been imported.

Nucs need to build up though...

Very true... over estimated his ability to build them up then perhaps.

I was interested in his poly nuc but decided against it, getting one elsewhere.

I've just had a look at his photo gallery.
Regarding the picture featuring his indoor bees. It suggests that they function as a hive all year round. Can you do that? How does it work? Do they not fly in the winter but just make more bees?
Sorry for the question in ignorance

got one of his polly nucs there pritty good and have a built in feeder and pritty robust the bees he supplied have a tempor tho

I know beekeeping isn't an exact science and I'm willing to wait a few weeks or so if need be, but I ordered a Mid May nuc in March and if it wasn't for my many emails and phone calls I very much doubt I would have heard anything at all from the guy. I've still had nothing from him except a list of very thin excuses. His lack of communication and flippant attitude when I do get hold of him, along with worrying reports of AFB and poor beekeeping practices have led me to ask for a full refund. I'll also being going to Trading Standards.

Perhaps the bloke is well intentioned but has just overstretched himself and had a few problems to the point where he's now in over his head. Perhaps he he's an arrogant con artist. Who knows...? I'll keep you posted.

There was a bloke like this one who bought the farm next to my uncle's - alwaus some great scheme or other on the go financed by his parents in law - first rearing calves : Bad hygiene practices led to white scour, he let them die and lie in the sheds for ages.Then free range chickens - disease flew through the sheds, they all died. And so on.
He's now in jail - fraud.

Rosecottage

Just google his business name - bingo

Tom B . Re the link. Will have a look when i get home. I missed that, so for that brief instant Mr WPF can consider himself maligned. Mind you, it adds an extra dimension does it not? Spend a fortune on a glossy website - then include a link to forum full of disgruntled punters with shocking experiences??

Doh!

FB

admin;140259 said:
Thanks GBH,link removed.
Good point. I included it because I thought it might just be a good idea to warn people that this company could be resorting to a more disguised website ID. HOWEVER, I note that in fact there's a BT CustomerStreet notice on that website now, to the effect that the account has been "suspended pending deletion". BT mostly do this when someone's account has not been paid...

Notice on www. d r ury and a l l d i s . co . u k that he's into oils and vinegars. Talk about a finger in every pie.

Bet he's gutted that he didn't get to market Peckham Water before Del Boy

FB look in “useful links” at the bottom.

This is a copy and past from that page –

The biggest UK forum for beekeeping a great location for finding likeminded people great for asking questions and getting some very knowledgeable answers http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk

Yes, we have contacted the National Bee Unit and I believe the Bee Inspector may be paying a visit. I also noticed that he has an Olive Oil import business too at that address. No wonder he has no time to sort the bees out!

But it still worries me that he is teaching new beekeepers (according to him and to his website). What is he teaching them - does disease control feature at all?

Mum told us that they have a fortnightly delivery of Queens from Slovenia so perhaps the person who got their Queen immediately got lucky with his order coinciding with a Queen delivery.

Latest posts

Back