WBC Plans with dimensions

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hachi

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
Anyone got decent plans with the dimensions you can manf from please?

Thanks Neil I've seen those and whilst useful, a decent set of drawings would be ideal.

Thanks Neil I've seen those and whilst useful, a decent set of drawings would be ideal.
I think you are very brave ... I have enough trouble measuring straight lines - let alone angles and multitrapezoidal shapes ...

Your man to help you would be Tom Bick .. sadly he's not around any more ... he used to make some lovely miniature ones - easy to scale up.

Yes I spent quite some time looking for some drawings when I made some lifts for a WBC a couple of years ago. In the end I bodged them and screwed them together as I haven't got the machinery to do finger joints.

I think you are very brave ... I have enough trouble measuring straight lines - let alone angles and multitrapezoidal shapes ...

Your man to help you would be Tom Bick .. sadly he's not around any more ... he used to make some lovely miniature ones - easy to scale up.
SBI now.

Anyone got decent plans with the dimensions you can manf from please?
I bought my plans from the BBKA but they are similar to the plans available from an internet search.
One little tip, make the floor, lifts roof etc about 20mm larger in width and length and then you can easily use National size boxes. I have 15 of theese larger WBC hives in use in 3 apiaries.

I bought my plans from the BBKA but they are similar to the plans available from an internet search.
One little tip, make the floor, lifts roof etc about 20mm larger in width and length and then you can easily use National size boxes. I have 15 of theese larger WBC hives in use in 3 apiaries.
Good idea, I maintain a WBC with a Nation inside and it's a bit tight!

Back