Wax moulds

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otleybee

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have been looking at the Ickowicz website for all things French beekeeping and noticed that they have some wax moulds in various sizes in copper for making blocks. Does anyone know where I can get these in the UK. I don't see them on the usual suppliers websites.

Thanks

Hi Otleybee,
Dont think I have ever seen copper used as moulds for bees wax, think that the wax which is slightly acidic reacts with the copper and stains the wax orange. If i am wrong someone with more experence will be along soon to correct me.

If you are just making wax blocks for storage or to swap for foundation then use plastic, its much easier.
I use the Klip lock containers from tesco, they are food quality plastic and able to cope with 120 C so ok for wax. They sell a rectangular 450ml container that when filled to the ridge that the lid clips to gives a block that is approx 300 grams.
Also when the wax has cooled then you can flex the plastic to remove it.

Kev

Hi Darren

That is not me I am afraid although my wife does work at Airedale as a midwife.

I did the beginners course with Wharfedale Beekeepers Association this year and am very much a newbee.

Latest posts

Back