Wax melter

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SixFooter

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Is it worth buying a beautician's wax melter to melt wax for making Q cups? It's a bit of a pain melting wax on the cooker.

Hi

No idea about the beauticians wax melter(honest) but you can get electric and single gas rings from most outdoor/surplus stores.

Regards Ian

I just use a dedicated pan and small tea pot inside the pan and dip out of that.

PH

DIY leg wax doesn't need to get that hot to melt enough to use (to give you an idea, in a metal bowl in a sink full of water from the kettle will do it easily). Have never been to a beautician to get it done but I'd imagine its similar. I'd imagine it wouldn't get hot enough to melt beeswax very well.

And yes, it does hurt.

I use a bane-marie, purchased from lakeland plastics years ago . teflon lined.
simple and cheap for use on gas or electric hob bee-smillie.
It's not too big but 1 filling would produce hundreds of Queen cups .

John Wilkinson

Hi

I don't think it was a method or technique of melting wax that he was after, more a way of doing it out the Kitchen and keeping SWMBO happy..........................:willy_nilly:

Hi

I don't think it was a method or technique of melting wax that he was after, more a way of doing it out the Kitchen and keeping SWMBO happy..........................:willy_nilly:

More or less :)

I think I'll get one and try it. Is ther no end to the gear in beekeeping?

Latest posts

Back