Wax boards not being used

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbie & Jans Bees

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I had some wax boards from Fragile Planet and the bees are not pulling it out but building their own coomb on top of it. Has anybody else had this not sure if they spray a chem on the wax????????????bee-smilliebee-smilliebee-smillie

Not too sure what you mean by wax boards, humour me and increase my knowledge!

I assume you mean foundation?
Check your spacing s , too wide and the bees do as described!
Vm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

a photo would say a thousand words becasue i dont know what hthey mean either, if it is foundation in a super frame the the bees space above the frame top to the crown board does get burr comb but not enough to say the are biulding comb

was it old stored wax foundation now cover in bloom, has it got oil on it from an external source like hand cream

so dont know

I thought FP was a nice daffodil green but then i am colourblind

Sorry guys yes foundation wax its very light in colour and smells different to other suppliers I have purchase wax from I will take hhoto this weekend and post.

Thanks Robbie

I had some wax boards from Fragile Planet and the bees are not pulling it out............. .....not sure if they spray a chem on the wax????????????bee-smilliebee-smilliebee-smillie

What did FP say when you asked them whether they spray chemicals on their foundation?

If it smells funny it may be the cheap chinese wax with only 50% bees wax or less and the bees will huddle in a corner or above the frames and build there own comb

Latest posts

Back