Watercolour

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also I have seen this image available for free use on labels at Mo dern Beek eepings web site. I’m sure some people might sell honey with a label on the jar, for money and not free....
A commercial website but the design templates are offered free. I assume they have permission. The design is credited to 'Lois', although there is no other detail or link back to a personal site for instance. I'd have though Lois's updated permissions would appear to cover use on your own labels.

You may print this picture for your own personal use. (beekeepers)...
You may use it in an advert to advertise your services.

There is no commercial restriction stated. One way of dealing with permissions is to use some template of rights such as Creative Commons as an alternative to either asserting full copyright or one off statements.

I like it, there's a 'folk art' feel that fits with small scale beekeeping. Thinking of wider label use, a commercial artist (new commission?) would probably go for a landscape format, hive offset to one side and blending into blank space that could be overlaid with text.

That's really nice. I went through a phase of doing watercolours about 10 years ago and this makes me feel like getting back into it.

I think if you don't want people to use your images for whatever reasons you shouldn't put them on the Internet in a format that is easy to copy. There are plenty of ways to protect your work, either by using technology or putting a copyright watermark across it, or upload in low res and give people the option to buy a higher res version.

And just for the record I like your picture!

bee-smilliebee-smillieThat seems to be a great way to resolve an issue.and I also like the picture. I just thought £3000 was a bit too much to ask bee-smilliebee-smillie

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back