Water pollution?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kazmcc

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
None, although I have my eye on one ( Just don't tell Dusty ;) )
I was just putting the pictures from my mobile onto the computer, when I came across a picture I took a few months back and it reminded me of something. The stream running through the allotments, a bit further up, just before it enters the site, there is a little side stream running into it from the Grammar school. One day I saw a milky fluid on top of the water, coming from down this side stream. I took a picture that time as I had a camera on my mobile. I had seen it happen once before. Now I am concerned about what my bees could be drinking. I have contacted the school, but had no reply as yet. What would you all do? Who do I report this to? Should I wait and see what the school say about it?

Lol, never thought of that. ;)

It's a secondary school and this stream runs along the back of the maintainance department. It has all sorts of tractors and other machinery, this is my worry. I've looked at the pics again and they don't look good. What if it is something leaking, saying that, it's happened twice that I know of in 8 years so it can't be a leak. Even so, whatever it is shouldn't be being put in the river.

God help them if those bees get sick :cuss: they will pay dearly, I'm like the hulk....nice and calm, would say boo, but hurt my children and you will know about it ( the bees are now my children, along with my cat :) )

Your bees probably prefer collecting manky water from a puddle in the car park of a nearby scrap yard.

lol, good point.....but as there is a lot of balsam there and further on it runs into a duck pond, I don't like the thought of there being anything nasty in it. This is a top rated grammer school, they have the means to dispose of things safely, not like they are strapped for cash lol. I just think it's very naughty and they shouldn't do it....whatever it is ;)

grammer school

You didn't go there then?

A bit of discrimination here?

Innocent until proven guilty and all that?

So it may not be naughty and perhaps it is permissible?

You don't know, obviously and I certainly don't.

Your best course of action is to get a sample and take up the matter with the NRA?

Regards, RAB

grammer school

You didn't go there then?

A bit of discrimination here?

Innocent until proven guilty and all that?

So it may not be naughty and perhaps it is permissible?

You don't know, obviously and I certainly don't.

Your best course of action is to get a sample and take up the matter with the NRA?

Regards, RAB

It's an all boys school lol, no I didn't go there. Are there things you can put in the water? Are there certain substances that you are allowed to dispose of in streams and rivers? I don't know. This is why I have asked the school first. Maybe they can explain, and if there is a leak or something has gone wrong, they can fix it. Just wanted peoples opinions as I am new to beekeeping, and I read a post on a thread where someones bees were behaving strangly and someone suggested poisoning, or contaminated drinking water ( among other things ).
I am a natural worrier, and now I have got attached to these bees, I am scanning the land with my beady eye, to see if there are any dangers. As they seem to be active around the stream at the mo, I thought maybe they were getting their water there also. The 'leakage' is upstream from the allotments.

Karen.

PS are you a judge, if I ever get into criminal activities and get caught, I want you to be the judge lol.....you always put things into perspective ;)

Last edited:
Where did Kelsey go to school then? - I'd have sworn that accent is from the US of A..........:biggrinjester:

wish I had!- sadly it was all fellas:biggrinjester:

please delete.....

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back