Watch New Bees Hatching NOW

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Grub,
Refresh page usually works for me.
Bob

no good for mac, sorry

I think that the number of connections is limited and so immediately after posting, there is a flurry of extra activity that means some people are just not as lucky as they should be.

Perseverance is the watchword. :) Working OK for me just now.

I want to be watching when Gavin applies a big brush to the landing board for the spring cleaning.:}

It seems to be running so much slower this pm - possibly due to the number of connections? I am using it as a 'screen saver' between other things.

Regards, RAB

Just been watching and a slightly longer looking bee appeared on screen whose strips appeared more like forward pointing chevrons. I initially assumed this was the queen but then another one trotted up next to it. They both sat about and did nothing, could it be a drone?

Just saw the Queen walk majestically across the screen and then come back to lay an egg in one of the open cells. Shame there is not a 'record' button on the site!

Mike.

Just been watching and a slightly longer looking bee appeared on screen whose stripes appeared more like forward pointing chevrons. I initially assumed this was the queen but then another one trotted up next to it. They both sat about and did nothing, could it be a drone?

thinking about it, I'm wondering if they are on the glass and I am looking at the underside?

That could have been Poly Hive, Hivemaker or Veg wearing those stripy rugby shirts of ccourse. Thanks for the tip off.

The bees could be on the comb or on the glass. I'm sure that you will recognise the lack of wings attached in the underside view. Perhaps a little too early for drones unless the queen has become a drone layer. Drones are significantly larger and the eyes are very much larger than those of workers. :)

Latest posts

Back