Wasps!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cobbydaler

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
The wasps are still bothering 1 hive in particular. It’s my fault, I flooded a feeder with syrup in late August and they have never left it alone since. I hope last weeks cold spell would have killed the wasps off. But they are back today in force. I have traps out which have done very well during the summer. Any advice would be appreciated

Entrance reduced to a minimum presumably?

Wait till tonight then close the hive completely for a day or two? Won't hurt the bees at all at this time of the year? Will give the wasps time to find another victim?

Entrance reduced to a minimum presumably?

Wait till tonight then close the hive completely for a day or two? Won't hurt the bees at all at this time of the year? Will give the wasps time to find another victim?
Yes entrance is reduced down. I will try closing off for a couple of days. Thanks, not heard of that before

The best solution would be to track the nest down and destroy it.

I'm not sure this time of year if the wasps are foraging as such, if they are then the wasps on leaving the hive should make a beeline for their nest so if you can work out which way they're going you stand a chance of finding it. If they're just randomly feeding themselves it will be much more difficult.

Latest posts

Back