Wasp Control

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wasps are easily drowned, Why introduce yet another poison into the food chain ??

John Wilkinsn

Here we go again!
For the umpteenth time!
1. Go to your local supermarket.
2. Buy a tube of rat glue.
3. Spread this glue on board about 60cm x 60cm and place bait in middle of board. (Bait should be early season protein and late season carbohydrates: I guess at this time of the year in the UK that strawberry jam would go down well)
4. Sit back and watch the action!!!!!
How many times do we have to write about this?

Best regards
Norton.

Last edited:
Actually bloody hot! Very high humidity levels this summer John. Just back from a beach BBQ.:cheers2:

When you set it up have your camera ready a take some photos to post here to show how effective these boards are.

Try that famous online auction site or use froogle.co.uk
(searching for "rat glue" found hits for both pre-coated traps and also tubs / tubes of glue)

PS - searching for "StrongHold Glue" gives more hits

Last edited:
Here we go again!
For the umpteenth time!
1. Go to your local supermarket.
2. Buy a tube of rat glue.
3. Spread this glue on board about 60cm x 60cm and place bait in middle of board. (Bait should be early season protein and late season carbohydrates: I guess at this time of the year in the UK that strawberry jam would go down well)
4. Sit back and watch the action!!!!!
How many times do we have to write about this?

Best regards
Norton.

Well Norton I don’t know how many times you have written it but it’s the first time I have read it and I think its close to genius very cleaver and a good way of clearing a good many Wasps in a short period.
I did not have any rat glue but after reeding your post I remembered I had one of the sticky pads for catching mice so I gave it ago and just so happened to have a nuc at the back of my workshop getting a bit of hassle from wasps.
Within 10 minutes it had caught eight of the little buggers.

Nice close-up!
We have a BIG problem here with Vespa orientalis - it is possible within an hour of putting the bait board out that it is completely covered with hornets/wasps. Estimate it to be be 250-300/hour. It is the only way to safely control these pests for honeybees.
In the past we used Lannate - very toxic and caused a lot of damage to anything that came near it - lizards, snakes, dogs, cats, hedgehogs etc. etc. etc.
though I would not have minded if the snake in the attached photo had been a victim. This very aggressive and venomous viper was killed recently in the same general area that we have a couple of apiaries. It was killed in the exact spot that a policeman's wife died after being bitten three times whilst out on an early morning fig collection trip. Even though a protected species, it was killed by a friend of mine after years of creating a myth and terrorising the locals ever since. This grumpy old female displayed real aggression towards the person that killed it. The facial expressions tell the story!!!!
Sleep well!
Norton.

Last edited:
Glue strong enough to hold a rat down!

It stays sticky, so you can put bait in the middle of a patch and the quarry (rat, mouse, wasp etc) will get stuck on it going for the bait.

It's also known as Stronghold Glue or Mouse Glue

I bet that company are saying " strange we have had a bit of a run on that rat glue all of a sudden".

The sticky pad I put down yesterday must have over 30 wasps on it now

Latest posts

Back