Washing Powder

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hachi

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Commercial
Number of Hives
Damn! A lot more than I ever thought I'd have
I've been picking up some forum members suggest some washing powders used to clean bee suits may add to the problems not solve them.

As I have no sense of smell which powder(s) do I need to advise Mrs H to buy to clean my bee suits with?

I do have her permission for the second paragraph to save all the PC crowd getting bent outa shape.

Thanks

Aldi bio liquid: in a bucket with hot water. Turn a couple of times. Leave for 30 mins. Rinse 3 times. Job done.

No bee problems at all

Edit
Clean sweet smelling bee jacket as a result...

Sainsbury's were all bombed out of washing soda today. No doubt, all the beeks we have in the area.

I give mine to swmbo and she puts it in the thing next to the other thing that does the dishes they all come out of both machines clean and the bees don't bother me with the suit on. Lol

Last edited:
I give mine to swmbo and she puts it in the thing next to the other thing that does the dishes they all come out if both machines clean and the bees don't bother me with the suit on. Lol

:laughing-smiley-004:laughing-smiley-004

Hence I need to help Mrs H do the right thing...

I buy whatever Sains***** have on offer, and my bees??? TAKE NO NOTICE whatsoever!! I wash the suit after every inspection...and gloves...but hey ho - the mysteries of bee-keeping

I dont see what the fuss is all about. I find that if I just leave it in a heap by the back door the next time I come to use it the local pixies have cleaned it/ironed it and put it away. Never noticed any reaction to whichever brand of pixie dust is being used at the time!

I dont see what the fuss is all about. I find that if I just leave it in a heap by the back door the next time I come to use it the local pixies have cleaned it/ironed it and put it away. Never noticed any reaction to whichever brand of pixie dust is being used at the time!

:icon_204-2:

....And so it begins.... :icon_204-2:

Talk about living dangerously, Mr Greenwood!

I'd never get away with even thinking that.

Dusty

P.s. mind you, I just came across a tear in my veil. Asked 'er indoors for a needle and thread and spent 3 minutes trying to thread it, before the contemptuous, "Just give it to me!".

Last edited:
Talk about living dangerously, Mr Greenwood!

I'd never get away with even thinking that.

Dusty

P.s. mind you, I just came across a tear in my veil. Asked 'er indoors for a needle and thread and spent 3 minutes trying to thread it, before the contemptuous, "Just give it to me!".

Works everytime doesn't it :rofl:

Morrison's own value washing powder is unscented - and it's cheap. You can throw some washing soda in or make a hot solution of that and give bad bits a scrub first with it.

Back