washing machine repairs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgerow pete

Queen Bee
Reaction score
UK, Birmingham, Sandwell. Pork scratching Bandit c
Hive Type
National
it has just taken me what a normal repair man had priced as two hours , it has taken me 7 hours to replace the bearings in the washing machine, it was a complete pig all the way through as it was the first time ever me or the washing machine had gone to bits, as sods law decrees the one bit that we did not order as it is never used is the part that was bust anyway so a bodge job of 24 pop rivits and some angle iron and we are sort of working again for now , the parts come at the end of the month so we will have to take the flippin thing apart again then :ack2:

Dont go there Pete!

I did our machines bearing about 12 months ago!

I had the machine in bits for 2 days. I got hold of a manual of the net "just tap the shaft out the bearings, it will easly fall away" !!!

I ended up rounding over the shaft. I have a bearing press but the drum is to big to fit in the width.

I have my doubts that this bearing replaced will not last long, but next time I will buy the spider (drum attachment) as the shaft will not take another beating.

it has just taken me what a normal repair man had priced as two hours , it has taken me 7 hours to replace the bearings in the washing machine, :

I thought your orginal quote for a fixed price job of 2hrs was too good to be true.

Latest posts

Back