Warming cabinet

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrB

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Just finished making my honey warming cabinet :)

And no, its not warped! just the way the pics show it !

Last edited:
I see you have the inline connector wired correctly , "good lad". Surprising how many peeps get this wrong and get away withit until they plug the mains plug in first and then mate the inline connector, only to touch the "LIVE" pins !! Ouch.

John Wilkinson

I have some pics of a thermostat I built for an egg incubator that will work in range for a warming cabinet.

I will find them and post them up.

I have some pics of a thermostat I built for an egg incubator that will work in range for a warming cabinet.

I will find them and post them up.

Thanks mark, i think i have seen the one you mean.

Might put one on at a later date after some experimenting

MrB

Belated apologies MrB, when I joined the forum a few weeks ago I noticed that you asked me what part of shrops I was from, so as not to appear an ignorant git (Lol), I am in coalbrookdale.

Perhaps a plate of frosted glass to dissipate heat & even out the hotspot if this so?

Metal plate or tray may be better as it will conduct heat better than the glass?

Belated apologies MrB, when I joined the forum a few weeks ago I noticed that you asked me what part of shrops I was from, so as not to appear an ignorant git (Lol), I am in coalbrookdale.

davethegas, yes i did ask you and in fact you responded! not sure where coalbrookdale is though, is it near telford?

Rooftops, yes you are right, there is a hot spot over the bulbs. (i found out on my trial run)
I think as suggested (thanks folks), it needs something to disipate the heat.
might go with some sort of metal grill.

MrB

New to all of this, but would a central heating room stat not work as a stat? Ambient temp of 10-30
deg c. If you want investigate try any mechanical type, acl danfoss cheapest, about £8 but ask for the one for 2 or 3 wire application. Has anyone tried this & does it work?

What did you use for insulation of the cabinet walls?

Depends. I used expanded polystyrene, but built/designed mine from inside out; if you are starting with a fixed outer, the type of insulation may need to be more selective if insulating inside.

An alternative could be to make/buy the cabinet and insulate externally. Not rocket science whichever way you are actually doing it. Just choose something appropriate or which will work as a compromise solution.

RAB

if you wanted to adjust the temp slightly then i would use a rotatar wall dimmer switch, but the changing of the bulbs is just so simple it works every time,

if i rember rightly did the old wall lights not come with what looked like a tin foil pie tray under the bulds to spread the light, would that not work with it up the other way?

You need to have there an air mixer, if you do not have it allready.

Computer ventilator propels are tireless.

canstock0453155.jpg

Latest posts

Back