Wanted

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bcrazy

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
nil bees given away all colonies
Sorry about this guy's but there is no facility in the auction site to request a wanted page .
I am on the out look for a heating plate, the type used by people in the photo business or an old but still usable one for food. The reason is I need one for my chemicles that I use. Thanks, It has to be electric not candles.

Admin if this is out of order please just bin it.

Mo

epay? Caravanning (mostly gas, those but may be some leccy)? Single hot plate with simmerstat? I have an old heater from my photo days - a print drier;somehow I don't think this is what you are wanting? How hot are you needing - waterbath type or a beaker-boiling affair?

They are still to be found new, I would think.

Regards, RAB

Try Freecycle

I got a Baby Belling twin hotplate through our local Freecycle.

I've also acquired a Burco boiler, a hostess trolley which I converted into a warmer and a small double glazed unit for making a solar melter.

Freecycle is great :party:

Hi RAB
You mentioned a old heater plate from your photo days, is there any chance of a photograph as I think its what I am after. Any way if it still works I would gladly pay for it and the postage or your not too far away in Linconshire I couls pop over and meet you and pick it up. Photo is poss please.

Thanks members but the way I have a baby burco for melting my wax and capping down. But thank you to those that responded.

Mo

How about a 100W lightbulb in a box with a tin lid. That what we used on a recent microscopy course.

It has a curved top over which a glazing sheet of polished stainless steel lays and the photos were held down onto the curve by a canvas sheet, measures about 50 x 65 and only gets warm. Not sure of its power but about 50-100W or so, I would think.

Google images, search for "firstcall print dryer" and you will see a similar one.

Regards, RAB

Thank you all for your replies and help. As what I have at present is a red plastic bucket with a 100W light bulb and a piece of metal plating over the top. Its very distracting when on.

Mo

Back