• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted stainless bottling tank

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meg

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Hi all,

I am after a decent stainless stell settling/bottling tank with a decent metal tap which gives a good cut off - no drips!

Does anyone have a spare to sell or any suggestions on the best place to go to? I only need a 60lb one otherwise I won't have a hope in hell of lifting it onto the table to bottle from it.

Thanks,

Meg

Never yet seenone with NO drips!

Food grade plastic bucket with a honey valve fitted would work quite well.

Regards, RAB

Hi RAB,

I have a plastic tank with plastic honey tap - it is OK, but pretty rubbish at the cut off and the seal against the main part of the tank is rubbish and slowly leaks as well.

A couple of beekeeping friends who are more commercial than me have good tanks with metal taps that give a nice clean cut, so you can keep your jar on the scales below and swap them over without getting in a mess. With my plastic one I have to fill the jar then stand it on the scales separately and leave another jar under the tap for the string and then drip of honey.

Oh, well back to begging and borrowing for now then!

Thanks,

Meg

Latest posts

Back