• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted bees wax

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MichaelB

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Mrs B has taken to making candles, but our 3 hives can't supply enough.

Does anyone have surplus UK bees wax they would be willing to sell?

Could potentially collect from London, Newquay, Sheffield and Manchester areas or happy to pay extra for postage.

Thanks

Mrs B has taken to making candles, but our 3 hives can't supply enough.

Does anyone have surplus UK bees wax they would be willing to sell?

Could potentially collect from London, Newquay, Sheffield and Manchester areas or happy to pay extra for postage.

Thanks

Hope you manage to find some but there seems to be a shortage of good quality beeswax at present. We have had several people and businesses asking recently.

I would suggest a note in association news letter and show your face at next meeting, many exchange for foundation so if you can prove or show they are getting a better rate than in exchange some may be willing to part with it as most beekeepers are Scottish in that regard

People have advertised here before and frankly, they wanted it at a very cheap rate. I have wax and willing to sell but not at give away prices. Also, I'm not dick turpin either.

Hi ,

Ian123,thanks for the tip, I have asked at our local beekeeping club, but as Stiffy points out there is not a huge amount around at the moment.
Hachi I have sent a PM, not trying to pay peanuts, but ideally a bit less than Thornes charge.
Thanks Michael

Thanks Michael

here is not a huge amount around at the moment.
Hachi I have sent a PM, not trying to pay peanuts, but ideally a bit less than Thornes charge.
Price depends on the degree of purification. i.e basic beeswax off a solar wax extractor is unfiltered. The stuff you need for making candles is filtered again through a fine filter ( .like a coffee filter). Thornes sell 30g blocks which have been filtered and is ready for making candles with.
All I can say is Thorens are cheap ;) I sell at £1.50 for 30g/1oz filtered blocks.
Check out fleabay, some very good deals to be had there.
Like 32 x 1oz blocks for £13 including postage.
Although a careful read indicates that, at that price, it will need an additional filtering to be suitable for candles.

Last edited:
Hi Beefriendly
Thanks for the info. We are more than happy to filter the wax again,and hopefully buy UK wax,the cheap wax on ebay is all imported as far I we can tell.
Also happy to take it in whatever form it comes off the extractor rather than 1 oz blocks.

Latest posts

Back