• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Beehaus

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nell

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
Hi All,
Does anyone know of any beehaus for sale?
We're in the SW.
Thanks in advance.
Nell

Are you sure you want your email address to be publicly viewable? If not I am sure the mods can help.

Can't help with the Beehaus, sorry.

Hi the choice of hive is yours but if your not aware you can buy an awful lot of Standard bee hive for the cost of a bee haus. I think Thornes still have the sale on and look for the seconds kit. Good luck

Hi All,
Does anyone know of any beehaus for sale?
We're in the SW.
Thanks in advance.
Nell
Are you really sure you want a Beehaus ?... Most of them I have seen end up as storage containers for spare kit .... there are better designs .... Even the original Dartington that t was based on is better than the Beehaus.

There was couple on eBay last week, one in Sevenoaks and two in Chichester, may have gone now.

Lol I at least was trying to be subtle😉
Nahhh ....Sometimes you have to tell it like it is ... we used to have a member on here - Tremyfro - who was in the process of cornering the market for them ... but as I recall, she had to add insulation to the cavities and generally mess about with them before using them. They make a good beer cooler as well ...and your beer stock would be safe ~ who's going to look for a tinny in a beehive ?

There was couple on eBay last week, one in Sevenoaks and two in Chichester, may have gone now.
They come up regularly (which tells you something ?) but they do sell (which may tell you something else ?) depending on the bits that go with them for between £150 and £350 .... seems like a lot to me but at nearly £500+ for a new one I suppose they are a bargain if they float your boat ?

Hi, thanks for the for sale links 😊

To everyone else, wow! Talk about ask 3 beekeepers a question you’ll get 5 answers!

If you look at my post, which is in the for sale/wanted section, not the needing advice section, you’ll find I didn’t ask for opinions, subtle or otherwise on the beehaus and/or its marine capabilities (next to none one assumes due to the mesh floor but you do you).

I sport a number of 14x12 hives of different styles and I love them all. They all have pros and cons and I think most folk like what they like and that’s how it should be. I’m not the supreme knowledge on beekeeping and so I’m not about to start dissing any particular hive, design or preferences other beeks might have.

Enjoy your beehives, happy beeking/sailing/beer drinking.

Hi, thanks for the for sale links 😊

To everyone else, wow! Talk about ask 3 beekeepers a question you’ll get 5 answers!

If you look at my post, which is in the for sale/wanted section, not the needing advice section, you’ll find I didn’t ask for opinions, subtle or otherwise on the beehaus and/or its marine capabilities (next to none one assumes due to the mesh floor but you do you).

I sport a number of 14x12 hives of different styles and I love them all. They all have pros and cons and I think most folk like what they like and that’s how it should be. I’m not the supreme knowledge on beekeeping and so I’m not about to start dissing any particular hive, design or preferences other beeks might have.

Enjoy your beehives, happy beeking/sailing/beer drinking.
When you posted I was going to say, “be nice, everybody” but I didn’t. Looks like I didn’t need to. Well done. You stick to your guns and if you want a Beehaus I hope you find one.
By the way, if you have money to spare Hyde Hives do long hives that are a work of art.

When you posted I was going to say, “be nice, everybody” but I didn’t. Looks like I didn’t need to. Well done. You stick to your guns and if you want a Beehaus I hope you find one.
By the way, if you have money to spare Hyde Hives do long hives that are a work of art.

Thanks! Looks like I might have found at good second hand one that I'll go see on the weekend.

I'll admit I *may* have had to redraft my reply a few times to tone it down ;)

Thanks for the tip on Hyde Hives. I've not heard of them but will definitely check them out!

A little banter makes some threads more fun to read, sometimes nice to have a lighter side to them.

Lighter side to threads rather then the hive Philip.

Latest posts

Back