• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Equipment Wanted Wanted: Bee Suit

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmac79

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Other
I was just wondering if anyone had a second-hand bee suit for sale. Ideally medium sized.

Thanks!

I was just wondering if anyone had a second-hand bee suit for sale. Ideally medium sized.

Thanks!

Another vote for the Simon the Beekeeper suits. For roughly £50, the Professional one is excellent. Showed mine to a friend who has always and only bought Sheriff suits before (bee farmer and pest control, at least a decade or so of experience). He decided they seemed pretty much on the same level although was really impressed with getting a second veil with the Simon one.

Get a size or two larger than you think as you want to be able to bend and crouch in it with ease. I'm 1m 77cm and have the Large suit which fits me just right (for most clothing I'm a medium or small). Khaki version, when driving between apiaries I couple it with my grandpa's old aviators and pretend I'm in Top Gun. Well, probably more like Hot Shots but still...

Last edited:
I have a Simon the Beekeeper one too, works fine. I did get lightly stung through it recently with an antsy hive, but I was only wearing a t-shirt underneath 🤷‍♂️

Thanks so much! That's a great deal @Apiarisnt I'm going to get that one for sure.

I saw the poll on best suits but the best (of the best) was over £300!

I'll go check out simon the beekeeper.

Cheers

Any feedback on the suit at all?
Bought a couple. They seem well made and comparable to bigger brand versions. Not used them in anger yet. Reasonably close fitting, but I am told that the 'Professional' version is a lot looser. Each one comes with both a fencing and a round veil, so useful to have a back up.

Bought a couple. They seem well made and comparable to bigger brand versions. Not used them in anger yet. Reasonably close fitting, but I am told that the 'Professional' version is a lot looser. Each one comes with both a fencing and a round veil, so useful to have a back up.
Which one did you get?

Which one did you get?
Zonda and the Alize. Alize for day to day, Zonda for hot weather. Last summer there were days when I could not see what I was doing for sweat pouring off my forehead.
Currently I use a seriously cheap STB tunic for nipping out to the hives to check them. I keep a separate cut price Bee Basics microfibre suit (picked up at a show) for visiting other apiaries (training courses and association meetings) to minimise risk of cross infection. All sounds like overkill, but whenever someone comes to visit , they always want to look at the bees, so I always have a spare suit on hand for them.

Zonda and the Alize. Alize for day to day, Zonda for hot weather. Last summer there were days when I could not see what I was doing for sweat pouring off my forehead.
Currently I use a seriously cheap STB tunic for nipping out to the hives to check them. I keep a separate cut price Bee Basics microfibre suit (picked up at a show) for visiting other apiaries (training courses and association meetings) to minimise risk of cross infection. All sounds like overkill, but whenever someone comes to visit , they always want to look at the bees, so I always have a spare suit on hand for them.
I'd be interested to know how the zonda performs if you get a chance before their sale ends!

I try to have one suit for client bees and one for my own, obviously option to have visitors use if needed.

Zonda and the Alize. Alize for day to day, Zonda for hot weather.
What are the veils like for visibility?

They say the Alize one has the 'new clear' veil? How does it compare to other brands do you think?

I'd be interested in the Zonda one for hot days (set to have some coming up apparently!) But that doesn't seem to have the 'clear' veil?

Do they have velcro at the zip closures?

Sorry to bombard you with questions but experience from someone who's got one is really helpful. 😀

Best Veil in the market in my view is BJ Sherriff Clear view, markedly better than the rest.

Latest posts

Back