• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted bee nuc in Scotland

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Varroa reached Scotland in 96 it is on the Island of Islay,on Luing,and i have sent hives to Argyll and bute and these beekeepers have varroa. It is right to the far north of Scotland,so how on earth in 13 years can it not be everywhere. All the imformation i can find says it is on all of the mainland.Would like to find some more info on officially varroa free areas.

Last edited:
Gavin? I thin k you should have a wee chat, a polite one iwth Mike and find out what is what.

My take on it is this. He sold up his uk Q rearing operation as it was failing to produce the Queens he could sell early, early enough.

He sent his breeding stock to Slovenia in order to take advantage of the weather there to produce what he wants.

I may well be wrong about this but as I say before knocking the guy and his business some factual knowledge might be wise.

If it was my business I would be taking steps to protect it for sure.

In the interests of fair play please take note Admin.

PH

Hi
Admin as this thread has went a bit off track do you think it might be a good idea to have a sticky for people selling nucs,possibly one for certain areas.
Keith

Yes Keith I think its a good idea.
The thread did go off at a tanget a little after all..

poly hive
thank you for your post.
May I correct you the breeder queens went to Macedonia 3 years ago with the student we had working for us for 3 years breeding queens,
He now supply us with some queens the rest we get from other sources.
We currently have on order a four figure amount, hell of a lot of imported queens this year.
We use in our 5 frame nucleus and package bees (3,1/2 pound swarms) that are transported around the UK and exported!!
We have to pay a lot of money for the best queens we think will be suitable for the whole of the UK Scotland and Ireland.

Latest posts

Back