Victorian Farm BBC2 - Bees

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbeekeeper

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Next week (05/02/09) on Victorian farm (BBC2) is a slot on beekeeping

victorian%20farm%20alex%20langlands.jpg

Yes, I missed the one last night but it has been quite interesting looking at traditonal farming methods and it is clear how very connected they had to be with the land and their animals in order to survive. We will see how they cope with the bees!

Floss

I was viewing the latest episode on BBCi and it was a winter episode and could not work out what they had in mind for winter bees,then realised that the next episode with the bees is not until tomorrow the 5th.:)

Also I think having filmed it last year (?) tommorows program is effect is in May time?

This is a brilliant series - recorded last nights, as I was out. I think its repeated on Saturday evenings for those who missed it.

...wonder what they will do with the farm once th eBBC has gone?

...wonder what they will do with the farm once th eBBC has gone?

I think the old bloke that owns it all will turn it into a visitor attaction.

Well done to the guy doing the beekeeping bare hand'ed, shame about his meat and two veg!:puke:

I thought it was really interesting! The farm part of a larger working historical farm, Acton Scott in Shropshire (there is a website) and it is open to public. I wondered whether they will use the farm as an additonal tourist attraction. I have never been but it is not far from me and is apparently worth a visit!

As much as I like winter I found myself gazing longingly at that hay meadow and the May flowers, ginger beer and sunshine!!!!

Floss

It was the ginger beer that seemed to inspire me the most!!

Acton Scott is a working farm museum and is well worth a visit. It has been around for at least! 30 years and has amassed a great deal of expertise. Probably why the Beeb decided to base the series there. Ithink it has been wonderful to watch and I think our beek Brian 'done very well' and showed some very interesting kit especially that crazy extractor with the netting.

Shhh, dont give it all away, I ahvent watched it yet!! :toetap05:

Latest posts

Back