Viable excuses to your better half for buying more kit ?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's your most unusual beekeeping purchase that you've got hidden away?

Mine would have to be chloroform.
Mine would be getting a queen delivered to an intensive care unit I was working on. I couldn't get it delivered to home as my glass porch would have killed it on a sunny day, and I didn't know what day it would arrive.
I got notification on its arrival on the day but it didn't appear when expected, so I rang the delivery office who jumped into action thinking essential supplies were needed in ICU.
I then got a call back from the delivery office saying they had found the package and rushing it to us, followed by "could you tell me, as I'm a beekeeper, what on earth do you need a queen bee for on ICU??"
Almost all the nurses knew it was coming - except the one that took delivery from a porter holding a buzzing package by the very corner! :laughing-smiley-004
The package spent the rest of my shift in a climate-controlled side room, and was successfully introduced (y)

Just tell her they (the suppliers) rang you up, and said you'd been chosen at random, to test their product. They then want your honest review of it, and your thoughts may appear on their website and catalogue.

It can take a long time to get an opinion of something.......
But do you really need to review 20 supers, 200 frames and foundation?

Rude isn't he Afermo! Don't worry, I'm not all that far behind. Stick together and we'll outlive them all....
[/QUOTE]

Love him to bits though.

You won't be disappointed ...

The apple corer is fantastic .. I take the core out of an apple - it's really sharp so do it on a chopping board .. and then wrap the apple in aluminium foil and take it to work to eat later in the day ... no waste, no nibbling round the core and annoying my colleagues ... the slicer is great when the grannchildren are with us it make great apple segments that are just the size for them to eat ...

Anything that keeps me out of her way and prevents me from getting under her feet seems to be acceptable.
I just don't tell her how much it costs.
Sometimes I will say my bees had to make xxx jars of honey to pay for that

Could do with some ideas , want a new poly Dadant but eyebrows are being raised. Any ideas? Thought of........."no way they must have got mixed up and sent me this by accident hun"
Just put it into perspective for her. More equipment=more bees=less time at home with the better half= more peace for her..... that argument only works if you are up to date with your (her) DIY list though.

Just put it into perspective for her. More equipment=more bees=less time at home with the better half= more peace for her..... that argument only works if you are up to date with your (her) DIY list though.

I tell her I dont complain about her ant colony in the kitchen 😂

My better half supports me and my hobby spending. Maybe some of you guys either chose the wrong woman, or need relationship counselling, or rather she does... 😉

My better half supports me and my hobby spending. Maybe some of you guys either chose the wrong woman, or need relationship counselling, or rather she does... 😉
Your wife hasn't a sister has she?

Will buy her a puppy , thatl make so much mess , noise and keep her occupied my bees will look like Angel's :LOL:

P.s if you feel the need to comment on puppy / bee interactions with stark warnings please send your comments and a CV to:

BBC
Hysteria department
Fun sponge road
London
My kitten who has just started going outside came in today with a very swollen paw/front leg - he'll learn quickly!!

Are you new here ?😅
I don't need to be new to the forum to react and reject some of the outrageous so called humour that often displays a decidedly demeaning or even misogynistic edge. With freedom comes responsibility, respect for each other comes in there somewhere; even if I fail at times in that, I try.

I don't need to be new to the forum to react and reject some of the outrageous so called humour that often displays a decidedly demeaning or even misogynistic edge. With freedom comes responsibility, respect for each other comes in there somewhere; even if I fail at times in that, I try.
I bet you're fun at parties 😨

Latest posts

Back