very cheap buckets

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taff..

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
people in Bristol, Bath, Wilts may be interested in this.

I went into Marshfields bakery, located about 1 mile south of the M4 J18, this morning to buy a sandwich and they had piles of various sized buckets available for a charity donation of £1 for 25KG buckets and down to 25p for smaller buckets (5Kg???).

the gent in there told me that they get through the contents of about 40 per week so have a huge amount that they are always trying to get rid of.

also if there is someone within a few miles of there, he is very interested in a supply of local honey ;)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.491206,-2.356065&num=1&t=h&sll=51.455313,-2.591902&sspn=0.111313,0.256119&hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=51.494798,-2.353992&spn=0.026772,0.077162&z=14

I used to go to one of the big family bakers in Aberdeen and buy buckets from them and they were very happy to get them out from under their feet.

And why not give them a plug too. Atkins rowies are scrumptious.

Bakers are a good source.

PH

Wish i had known that when i drove past the today :)

i used to get all my buckets from a vitiam maker in birmingham untill several years ago when the supply started to send out in black plastic rather than white ones . i had people not like the black so i had to go else where shame realy cause they were free to collect

I got loads of free buckets from Payne's. They did need a good wash though before they could store any of my honey...

Ben P

Taff: should have given me a buzz! I am only one junction down! (J17)

Somerford: if you don't go their Monday, I will Tuesday. (and if you do, can you please get me some! ;) )

Taff: should have given me a buzz! I am only one junction down! (J17)

Somerford: if you don't go their Monday, I will Tuesday. (and if you do, can you please get me some! ;) )

I was going to Pete, but I had a bit of a faff with losing my phone and time was against me........

heck, I clean forgot today - ended going in the opposite direction via Bookers for 2 bags of sugar so I could make some more fondant up and for dpring feeding/bailey comb exchanging in the Spring.

Pete - let me know if they have plenty ?!

S

Cheers my babber!

I am originally from south of Bristol, parents still live there and were going to Dyrham for a walk today. Now the proud owner of 2 x 25 ltr (blue)and 2 x 10 ltr (white), total cost (to me zero but) to my parents £3. apparently they originally held treacle and such like.

Taff you'll be pleased to know that the shop is apparently bemused and thrilled in equal measure that they have now become a Mecca for cheap skate beeks!

P.S. the fact that it'll cost them £40 in fuel to deliver them to Yorkshire is being over-looked here along with the extra cost of putting them up for the weekend, presumably I can cross charge that to Taff though?

Last edited:
Taff you'll be pleased to know that the shop is apparently bemused and thrilled in equal measure that they have now become a Mecca for cheap skate beeks!

:D

he did complain that he couldn't get rid of them :D

everyone is happy with the arrangement tho

P.S. the fact that it'll cost them £40 in fuel to deliver them to Yorkshire is being over-looked here along with the extra cost of putting them up for the weekend, presumably I can cross charge that to Taff though?

feel free to submit your invoices for consideration :reddevil:

I got 6 large Golden Syrup buckets from the local bakery for £2 today (officially)- they were charging 50p each or 3 for £1...for a local hospice...so of course they got rather more from me...

Its a win-win-win isn't it.
We dont pay Thornymaispain prices, baker gets rid of what is waste and local charity gets a bonus

nice one!

Picked myself up some nice blue buckets, thanks for that Taff they are spot on....doubled nicely as a plaster bucket too!!

I used to go to one of the big family bakers in Aberdeen and buy buckets from them and they were very happy to get them out from under their feet.

And why not give them a plug too. Atkins rowies are scrumptious.

Bakers are a good source.

PH

Bet you meant Aitkens Rowies didn't you?

Latest posts

Back