Ventilated Bee Suit.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the OCF full suit and very satisfied. I previously I had an OzArmour suit but couldn't get on with the neck zip - the two tracks overlap so I only felt safe if I zipped up in front of a mirror, which was no good for driving between apiaries or needing to put on my reading glasses. I donated it to a proposed beekeeping project at HMP Wayland!

The description of the Beeprouk suit sounds good and it's cheaper than most/all other ventilated suits. If you buy it, send us a report!

Go for the Swienty Breezer. Better made and robust. I just wear shorts under it during the summer
As Somerford I have the Swienty breeze suit, this is so much better than the Oz armour, same issue as Amari. The Swienty has a rigid veil, which I find useful. The downside is that you cannot really drive in the suit from apiary to apiary because of the veil, but when needs must there are ways of driving with it on.
Some of the hype of these suits is that you cannot get stung in them. If you are wearing gauntlets over your gloves the elastic may dig in and this reduces the gap between the layers making it easier to be stung.

I would definitely recommend a ventilated suit, I got an OzArmour 2 or 3 years ago and it's great, highly recommended, but as others have pointed out there are numerous other companies producing similar suits now.

I would second Pargyle on recommending Old Castle Farm. I have the full Sentinel Pro Bee suit for two seasons now and have found it really good. Old Castle Farm Hives – The Sentinel Pro II Beekeeping Suit
No stings anywhere on the body or head. I did get a sting on two occasions through the non leather part of the gloves but I have used this suit on trap outs, re-hiving swarms as well as general hive checks so I don't think that is too bad going.
Also bought the kids version for my 7 year old son and it has been brilliant for giving him confidence to get more hands on in the hives without fear of getting stung.
Very airy on a hot day if worn with just shorts and t-shirt. Although we don't see that many hot days in the West of Ireland.

Hot and sunny today. I was very comfortable inspecting in my old castle full suit, whereas sweat would have run down me in my conventional suit. Yet to be stung through it.

Personally I would recommend my company ! excellent vented suits and jackets but there again I have a vested interest.

Sorry moderators I couldn’t resist it after seeing all those other promos 😊

Personally I would recommend my company ! excellent vented suits and jackets but there again I have a vested interest.

Sorry moderators I couldn’t resist it after seeing all those other promos 😊
Ahh ,,, but ... the others are impartial reviews not promos ... but if you would like to send us all a suit to try you may get some impartial reviews for yours ...

Latest posts

Back