Vegan honey (honea)!!!!!!!!

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nannysbees

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
A new one on me.i stumbled upon this today from a shop in barry. I've never heard of inulin before, when I questioned it she said it it had the same make up as honey but plant based, although they haven't spelled it correctly, it's a bit misleading ,are they able to call this honey???? What's everyone's thoughts

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220809-143247_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220809-143247_Chrome.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 0
Seeing the label would make it easier, but if it's labelled "Vegan Honey" and isn't actually honey made by honey bees from nectar then I'd say it's very likely to fall foul of the regulations.

James

So regular honey isn't plant based?:unsure:

I guess the product is short on saliva.

I wonder if vegans ever have their water supply analized
Let's just brush that one under the carpet.....:censored:

Inulin is a bona fide ingredient according to Wikipedia,being an extract of chicory or synthesized from sucrose.

Last edited:
A new one on me.i stumbled upon this today from a shop in barry. I've never heard of inulin before, when I questioned it she said it it had the same make up as honey but plant based, although they haven't spelled it correctly, it's a bit misleading ,are they able to call this honey???? What's everyone's thoughts
The label would suggest they're NOT calling it honey as its called Honea and it says honey alternative on the front.

Didn't have my glasses on so didn't see "alternative" when I was in the shop!!!
They're achieving their goal, big headlines with some of the important fact in small writing. I wonder what its like. I have vegan friends and they used to love honey. 🙂

They're achieving their goal, big headlines with some of the important fact in small writing. I wonder what its like. I have vegan friends and they used to love honey. 🙂
Did they!! my niece is vegan but it doesn't stretch to the synthetic stuff prefers the real deal😋 🐝🐝🐝🐝

A lady who buys a lot of my honey admits she's a cut and paste vegan- applies when it suits.

"I've stolen their winter food supply that they've literally worked themselves to death for- another six jars was it?
"Oh um yes please"

"You do know it has enzymes from their saliva so it is tenuously but technically an animal product?"
" Fine- make it a dozen but I want a discount!"

discussed several times on the forum since 2019. consensus, IIRC, was that it they use 'honey' anywhere on label that they are probably breaking the honey label regulations, but that you'd need good luck trying to find a Trading Standards team that would take this on.

Why do they call it vegan honea? Surely it should just be labelled Honea!

i know that vegans will not eat honey because they say it robbing bees off there food but the will eat dandelion jam as i make it it looks like honey taste like honey but it plant based they say its there honey

So regular honey isn't plant based?:unsure:

I guess the product is short on saliva.

I wonder if vegans ever have their water supply analized
Let's just brush that one under the carpet.....:censored:

Inulin is a bona fide ingredient according to Wikipedia,being an extract of chicory or synthesized from sucrose.
Not sure I want to drink analized water......

i know that vegans will not eat honey because they say it robbing bees off there food but the will eat dandelion jam as i make it it looks like honey taste like honey but it plant based they say its there honey
It’s a tricky one being vegan (I’m not), but I assume you use sugar to sweeten the jam, it’s widely known pesticides are used in sugar production.

It’s also widely known that almond milk production is far from kind to bees working it, but it’s still consumed by many vegans.

I'm impressed by the fact that they don't label it as honey. They're being honest.
not really; using 'vegan' as an adjective implies its a vegan version of something else. The implied comparison is obvious, dishonest and misleading.
Just 'Honea' would be 'honester'.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back