varroa

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the beehive lodge

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
How many products is on the market to control varroa which one can do other controls help combat diseases or other mite
just wondering if any one has left treatment and what if any can be taken oral via feeding
Please remember my moto on any replys
if i dont ask i won't know
Thanks in advance:grouphug::banghead:

How many products is on the market to control varroa which one can do other controls help combat diseases or other mite
just wondering if any one has left treatment and what if any can be taken oral via feeding
Please remember my moto on any replys
if i dont ask i won't know
Thanks in advance:grouphug::banghead:

What else are you hoping/needing to control?

just pondering about things nothing comes to mind just in general
bee-smillie:seeya:

Hivemakers thymol additive for syrup is supposed to help with varroa and Nosema

i add 2g of magnesium vit C to my 1 ltre syrup to boost brood (honey contains it at 2g per litre)

Abstract

Pollen collected by bees was sampled during a 3-h period once a week from April to October 1983 and analyzed for vitamin C (L-ascorbic acid and dehydroascorbic acid). The levels were highly variable and ranged from a low of 136 μg/g pollen (April) to a high of 1943 μg/g pollen (May). Overall, caged honeybees fed diets containing 1,000 and 2,000 μg/g L-ascorbic acid reared significantly more bees to the sealed stage than bees fed diets with 500 μg/g ascorbic acid or control bees. The levels of vitamin C in prepupae reared by bees ranged from 64.5 to 103.5 μg/g body mass. Vitamin C is either synthesized from simple precursors or from symbiotic microorganisms in the gut since honeybees fed the ascorbic acid-free control had equivalent levels of ascorbic acid to those fed the enriched diets. The total diet consumption by bees during the 10-week study showed that the four diets were equally attractive.

Wow MM, why couldn't you live nearer to me? :D

Latest posts

Back