Varroa

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last winter: 10%. Mostly less than 5% or none. Now, are you any the wiser?

The point you seem to miss is that you may think you know the cause of the death - but the real cause might be Varroa.

Although my colonies have hardly any Varroa (mite drop this year after adding Apivar was mostly zero, apart from a swarm I caught), I treat them in autumn and mid-winter to try and give them the best chance for spring. You don’t.

We all have to be respectful of how others keep their bees. Treating and not treating will always be an emotive subject. It’s clear that Kitta treats and Philip doesn’t. Both of you get your bees through the winter.
That really should be the end of that argument

That really should be the end of that argument
I’m not sure what the argument is, Dani. Has anybody so far argued, acknowledged, or disagreed with me that Varroa might be a surreptitious over-winter killer? People argued, but not about what I said.

PS: pointing this out was not being ‘disrespectful’. That suggestion in itself is rather insulting.

Last edited:
PS: pointing this out was not being ‘disrespectful’. That suggestion in itself is rather insulting.

Which is why my reply was not to anybody in particular but to all on the thread. I’m trying to steer it back to what the original poster asked rather than a tennis match between two forum members.

And this isn't?
And he most likely fools himself in thinking that the colony deaths he has suffered (and admits her has suffered) are unrelated to Varroa.
This whole conversation started with your veiled attack on Pargyle,
stop trying to twist everything and trying to paint yourself as the victim
I find that rather insulting.
I think it's time this was put to rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back