Varroa treatment in spring?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I stand corrected then.
I didn't fully explain myself so pardon me.

US EPA does allow OA generic but a licenced OA that meets a certain spec and approval pre usage on using it with supers on, I think a lot of US beeks use any old OA which doesn't meet the specs of said licencing or approval or in it self if it meets the spec doesn't carry a licenece thus making it's use illegal much like over here now we have to use apibixoal.
It looks and may appear now that approval for US beeks to use oav etc on supered hives may possibly restrict then to using apibioxal in the future a sit does with us.

If I am wrong then I'm sure I will be corrected, just a shame we have to put up with the apibioxal shite. It's shame the govt vmd body couldn't approve generic OA to a spec and licence it allow us to use it in it's generic form.

Last edited:
I stand corrected then.
I didn't fully explain myself so pardon me.

US EPA does allow OA generic but a licenced OA that meets a certain spec and approval pre usage on using it with supers on, I think a lot of US beeks use any old OA which doesn't meet the specs of said licencing or approval or in it self if it meets the spec doesn't carry a licenece thus making it's use illegal much like over here now we have to use apibixoal.
It looks and may appear now that approval for US beeks to use oav etc on supered hives may possibly restrict then to using apibioxal in the future a sit does with us.

If I am wrong then I'm sure I will be corrected, just a shame we have to put up with the apibioxal shite. It's shame the govt vmd body couldn't approve generic OA to a spec and licence it allow us to use it in it's generic form.
I'll bet there's a lot of unrecorded treatments go on as a result. Or a marked increase in TF bees 🤔

just a shame we have to put up with the apibioxal shite. It's shame the govt vmd body couldn't approve generic OA to a spec and licence it allow us to use it in it's generic form.
Maybe more of a shame that our 'representative body' didn't think it was appropriate to fight our corner and atually act like a representative body - too busy awarding themselves badges and meaningless titles.

Maybe more of a shame that our 'representative body' didn't think it was appropriate to fight our corner and atually act like a representative body - too busy awarding themselves badges and meaningless titles.

One reason I didn't bother giving them a mention JBM, they are only interested in themselves and embrocating their own ego's, the BBKA hierarchy are so far up their own backsides I'm surprised if they
see real day light.

Back