Varroa count for ten colonys so far

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could anyone please tell me the shelf life of these strips please and once opened how long are they still effective for?

Could anyone please tell me the shelf life of these strips please and once opened how long are they still effective for?
There's no shelf life and no indication of effectiveness. They are cheap enough to open, use and throw away. You might try re- vacuum packing and putting in the freezer?

Hi Etton,
Used just OA strips last year, added to colonies pre Spring build up, they are either gone or removed before supering. OA strips added in Autumn and no follow up mid Winter treatment.
My friend did likewise but did do OA trickle in December. He had better mite drops than his usual MAQS treatment and is doing the same this year.
No need to remove the strips, most of mine were chewed away and anything left can be removed in Spring.
I will remove mine when I remove the apivar.

Would it be worth putting a strip, or piece of strip, just inside the entrance block as a doormat? High traffic area should increase effectiveness and any mites brought back to the colony would be exposed immediately.

Latest posts

Back