Vandalism

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jool

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
Why? Are they so bored, knocking beehives into streams with apples is their only form of entertainment? Fortunately the brood box didn't go in and the queen is OK. I hope they got stung but I let the grandkids open this lot. Wouldn't say boo to a goose.20210804_105749.jpg

There are some clowns out there.how did they manage to knock over a brood box with an apple?best get a little camera up

Time to think of a bit of open railing in front of them to prevent toppling in to the swim or screened from the back.

Sad to see but their are ejits every where, kids on a prank mission ?

Why? Are they so bored, knocking beehives into streams with apples is their only form of entertainment? Fortunately the brood box didn't go in and the queen is OK. I hope they got stung but I let the grandkids open this lot. Wouldn't say boo to a goose.View attachment 27655

Terrible

But, with the best will in the world, there's not a strap (or equivalent). in sight. You're asking for something to happen.

I use straps in the winter to stop the wind. I have 30 hives and don't have the time to unstrap on every inspection. In this case they would have tipped the lot in if it was tied together. Besides why should I live my life working to the lowest common denominator. They are in the wrong not me. And I certainly didn't ask for it!

Changing the subject. Looking at the orientation of your langstroths hives and the space around them I assume you have to work them from the rear with the risk of back problems from lifting and twisting the frames to examine them.

It's the forshortning of the camera lens. There is room to stand to the side. I started out with langstroth and then inherited national gear when I took over the bees after the death of the farmer. The son hasn't time for the bees. Its been a tough couple of years. Most of the gear was mothed or wood peckered and without lockdown I wouldn't have been able to repair it. However it did keep me sane

It's the forshortning of the camera lens. There is room to stand to the side. I started out with langstroth and then inherited national gear when I took over the bees after the death of the farmer. The son hasn't time for the bees. Its been a tough couple of years. Most of the gear was mothed or wood peckered and without lockdown I wouldn't have been able to repair it. However it did keep me sane
You have been a busy chap... And there was me thinking you had three hives in the garden;):).

Latest posts

Back