Vandalism.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen H.

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Got a call from a farmer where I keep six Hives,to say I had a problem,called round to find that all six hives and frames have basically been used as frisbies,thrown all over the field in all directions,needless to say all bees are dead.Nothing Stolen,what do they get out of doing this:confused:B**S**RDS.

Bad luck Stephen.
What I'd do is piece what I can together and hope for a swarm in the Spring ( and possibly look for a more secure apiary - but they do say lightening doest strike twice ).

i cant beleive that is kids if it is i would go to the local doctors/hospital to see if anyone has come in heavely stung if not then some one with a suite on!

So sorry. Farmer didn't see or hear anything, by any chance?
:(

So sorry. Farmer didn't see or hear anything, by any chance?
:(
He said that at 16-00 on Sunday they were Ok,at 08-00 this morning his son found my hives just scattered as though they were a Frisbie,He is as upset as I,this farm is out in the sticks gates locked and Bee's hidden behind an old wall of a Barn,I have Never seen any one on this out farm,no one lives there,it was a site that I used for isolation of swarms,prior to putting them else where.BUT why kill them? thats what gets me!!:cuss:

i cant beleive that is kids if it is i would go to the local doctors/hospital to see if anyone has come in heavely stung if not then some one with a suite on!
Half Term finished yesterday round here.very very hard frost night before so bee's probably very dozy,I was not suggesting young kids,more like those smoking non smoking materials who look for deserted places where the smell does not attract attention.

You must be so angry. Senseless, destructive, cowardly, useless little £@?&%#$. Nope, even getting all that out doesn't make it feel any better. Just remember karma - they'll get what's coming to them.
Eb

i dont think it kids either but if out in the sticks as decribed then i would say it has to be someone who knows they were there especialy as they were there temperaily or was it badgers?

i dont think it kids either but if out in the sticks as decribed then i would say it has to be someone who knows they were there especialy as they were there temperaily or was it badgers?
If you can show me a badger that can throw the heavy roofs of Nationals thirty yards in all directions,then also remove the foundation and throw that(with out eating anything) then chuck the Brood Boxes across the field and also the frames as well,I would like to see it,the farm is arable no animals.This was HUMAN vandalism.with no houses near for miles.:banghead:

So sorry for you, more than likely it was little angels according to thier mums smoking something not legal, are there any footprints or fag butts or beer cans stuck in the hedge, Its about time we all raise the media on this subject get as much publicity as possable and raise the awareness of this ever growing problem and arrest the murdering evil scum

I'm with Redwood on this one - get some media coverage - let the general public understand the devastation and consequences of some idiots action.
Eb

Doesn't more media also bring with it the problem of more copycats?

Tell one set of idiots its not a good idea to do something and off they go and do it.

sorry have not seen it only what you describe and badgers was only an after thought hence question mark as badgers are pretty strong animals they can spread it from here to timbukto if in playful mood i do feel for your loss's though and it's devastating for your years of hard work building them up guiding them through winter only for some scrote or something to destroy it in seconds my heartfelt sympathys to you

Yes but badgers leave flippin great claw and teeth marks and triangular hairs as evidence. Granted they often eat very little....out of ten murdered bantams only one head missing and a tangle of wood and wire

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hey man i know how you feel as two years ago i had 20 hives all destroyed by vandals it broke my heart to see the few bees struggling to survive. Unfortunately there is no recompense for you, except rebuild up from scratch.
I do feel sorry for you though, good luck for the future.

Mo

I too suffered from vandalism I gave up in the end and moved them as the more things I put in place to stop them just made them try more damaging ways.

Latest posts

Back