Valuable advice for any male beeks out there in long term relationships.

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frithgar

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
3 and one nuc
I've recently told my wife that she's the only thing I can think of that is better looking than a hive full of bees. It's a few days later and she's still making me extra cups of coffee and making nice things to eat.
So all those male beeks out there, say something similar to your wife/partner and you should reap many benefits.
I'm not being sexist but I just don't think that female beeks will get the same kind of response from their partners!
I offer no guarantees that this will work in any way, if she doesn't like the comment then please don't come crying to me!

:iagree:

Reminds me of when Fred Dibnah named a steam roller after his wife. :)

I discovered a new species (and genus) of fossil crab and had that named after the wife.

She is still not sure which way to take that one :confused:

if i was even tempted to consider the idea of thinking of comparing SWMBO to a "box of wasps" she'd have my nuts off, so hats off to you.....

you're a braver man than I !!!!

had to go look up SWMBO (it's She Who Must Be Obeyed for those as ignorant as me!) :smilielol5:

Female beeks will shimmy up to their partners and beg and plead nicely for their help (and electric drills) when assembling flat-packed hives and stuff.

Doesn't it just make the males feel grand - all male and strong, like :biggrinjester::biggrinjester:

You're right! Tried it on my other half...and his reply isn't printable....oh well so much for wanting him to feel loved...

Margo! I make all my own kits up - the only way to make sure it is straight! Husband tried to make a nuc box...but the floor was at a 20deg. tilt to the floor and everything else chose its own angle!!

Female beeks will shimmy up to their partners and beg and plead nicely for their help (and electric drills) when assembling flat-packed hives and stuff.

Doesn't it just make the males feel grand - all male and strong, like :biggrinjester::biggrinjester:[/QUOTE

No chance! Made all my own own bits, 6 boxes, 3 varroa floors, 3 rooves, 4 crown boards, 2 dummy boards, thats so far, many more to do this winter:.)

Nothing would fit anywhere if I asked other half to do it.

Di.

Made all my own own bits,

Was this 'made' or 'assembled'? Not knocking it if it was just assembled, but even more satisfying if you actually made all the bits too!

Regards, RAB

Absolutely FAB! A super message to those out there who may 'think' it is beyond them (for whatever reason), whether it be assembly or cutting from PSE (or even rough-sawn timber).

OK, I note yours are OSBs, but I am quite confident you could quite easily build Nationals as well, if you so wished! You seem to be a very practical person.

Regards, RAB

BTW, how did you manage to quote my post and get my initials to change into lower case?

Absolutely FAB! A super message to those out there who may 'think' it is beyond them (for whatever reason), whether it be assembly or cutting from PSE (or even rough-sawn timber).

OK, I note yours are OSBs, but I am quite confident you could quite easily build Nationals as well, if you so wished! You seem to be a very practical person.

Regards, RAB

BTW, how did you manage to quote my post and get my initials to change into lower case?

Good question, I've no idea?????

Regards, RAB

Hi RAB,
just taken a look at national plans and the only difference seems to be(apart from size) a slightly complicated bit of insetting into the side. Assume you know OSB boxes have no insetting in them, however I have used no runners, metal or plastic, they are built into the box wood. That was a bit difficult with only hand saw, hammer & chisel to do it (& sander).
Profiled ends, rough sawn timber, other sides ply. Varroa floors - pallet wood, rooves - rough sawn timber with roofing felt covering, drilled for ventilation with car repair mesh covering inside and out.. Crown boards - ply & timber strips, did use a jigsaw for feed holes.
They are not the most professional ones ever but they seem to work and still no propolising!?
The rest of the hive, apart from boxes is same as National.

Anyone, almost, can make them they just need to make the decision to do it:.)

Di:.)

Latest posts

Back