Usurped?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian123

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
So early this morning I went to my cell raiser as 1 frame are due outA5C30291-8831-42EA-B289-2D665F78F876.jpeg
I took the first lot to the mating nucs whilst down there I noticed a hum and thought swarm. A small swarm was moving up the garden towards the few hives at the top, I put the cells I had in and went back for the rest. I returned to the cell raiser and the swarm had tried to enter there had been a few casualties View attachment IMG_0430.MOV

I took all the 1s due out and a few of the second batch not due out for a few days, I didn’t want to risk losing them with a queen entering the hive. I’ve left about a dozen in there as was due to be at Legoland😂…….After the hell of legoland I returned home to find a big cluster under the hive. The cell raiser is massive comprising 3 broods rammed with bees for such a small swarm to try it on with such a large hive. First time I’ve seen such a miss match.

Latest posts

Back