Using broods as supers?

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FenBee - this would be my prefered method if it was feasible. Is there any information out there detailing the process and methodology/equipment required?

Have had a quick look around but can't seem to find much that makes sense for a 'newbee' like me!

:)

An experienced beekeeper told me he no longer used an extractor and preferred to melt both the honey and comb and then let it settle. I think you end up with honey below and wax on top.

The other option is in wired frames and go for cut comb. But as a National brood frame is quite large, it will require careful handling, to counter the effects of gravity!

But as you rightly say Admin, a brood box full of honey is going to be about the same weight as a sack of spuds, not good for your back to lift too high.

FenBee - this would be my prefered method if it was feasible. Is there any information out there detailing the process and methodology/equipment required?

Have had a quick look around but can't seem to find much that makes sense for a 'newbee' like me!

:)

Wouldn't that ruin the honey?...........well not so much ruin as reduce its quality.

Frisbee

Latest posts

Back