urban flower eco anarchist

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i have also got a lot of golden rod seeds. I think they are ugly, but the US bee websites seem to rave about it, so I liberated some and will see how they do.

I have some abandoned allotments close to my bees ,there's now over an acre of golden rod wild seeded there. my bees go bonkers on it when in flower.

John

me and my son have bean filming again there are several more videos on you tube . he likes the idea of doing something strange and it helps that his dad is as mad as a box of frogs, we have started something which when people passing ask about we have evan been thrown a quid coin to buy more seeds with, one women wants us to do he friends garden!!

Diguising the canal bank.

I have just watched the video's of the excellent work to disguise the ugly canal bank.

One of the most worthwhile thing's I've ever seen!

Can't see that anybody could complain much, provided that you are not seeding with stuff that is either not native to Britain, or can be used to harvest "funny substances" [whoops!]

I planned to do a similar where my hive is, [no Bee's yet] - the hive is in a spinney that is overrun with rabbits, so I've gone for plants that Bee's like, and rabbits hate.

Hoping for delivery tomorrow.

John [sameagle]

Last edited:
try marigolds and i would suggest shrubs i am a swine for planting shrubs in hedges where i used to live is some of the most flower ridden and bee freindly hedges in the world, pitty the farmers never saw it that way, once the shrubs get past the rabbit stage they are there for years

Pete I love the video's,someone needs to Digg them.

You dont sound like a native Brummie ?

Super vids Pete. The petshops should diversify a little to help you out.

I like the idea of growing Marigolds, but do the Blue Nitriles do as well? David Putnam eat your heart out. Keep up the good work.

Regards,

the accent, is warwickshire, london , southafrician, with a hint of gibberish on the side.

I was born and brought up in south warwickshire a true country lad iam affraid, thats where i learnt bee keeping at school, yes it was a proper school lesson. left there at 15 moved to london where i realy picked up the south cockny accent i can still do it when i want, i then lived every where from egypt to saudi to south africa for ten years came home to south warwickshire meet some one to start a breeding program with lived i wales for three years no work there so came to live in my families ancestral home of birmingham, my lot were from south brum but i live in the new deli area of west brom

well we have had a stretch of the legs today there are some sunflowers coming up but no where near as many i reackon a 75% lose of seeds but we will see , the ferns and rose bay willow herb has taken over massively and the sunflowers need to get above them to compete for the sun light

Do you think its the weather or the quality of the sunflower seeds Pete ?

i would of said pigions myself and then seed quality , we brought them from a pet shop called jollies so they were to be food rather than fresh seeds for growth but we will still see there are other areas we planted that are showing plants up to a foot tall so they wont be to far behind

I think food ones are deffo not so good for the germination but you gotta admire you for persistance!

Got me thinking about borage on the drain banks that are 200 yards away from me.

Latest posts

Back