Upstairs Downstairs entrance from BeespaceX

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anybody seen/tried these?
They are basically three holes in the side of the brood box with a baffle behind https://www.beespacex.com/
These were not invented by Filipe Salbany which I assume is the reason the web site is no longer working . Currently available from National Bee Supplies, Thornes and Bee.Watch. Apparently 1200 just ordered by the Kenyan Beekeeping Association. I have them on all my hives and gone are the days when you cant walk in front of them.

These were not invented by Filipe Salbany which I assume is the reason the web site is no longer working . Currently available from National Bee Supplies, Thornes and Bee.Watch. Apparently 1200 just ordered by the Kenyan Beekeeping Association. I have them on all my hives and gone are the days when you cant walk in front of them.

Interesting - I wouldn't have thought they would have a big impact on behaviour.

I was considering using them as a wasp protection device on my nucs (but just one per nuc rather than 4!)

I have thought about trying this.
I saw the comment about the internal baffle using up bee space and possibly letting the bees propolise the gap between the frame and the baffle.
Anyone had this experience?

Ive 3 entrances im trying on 2 hives from beespacex... Do seem to prefer upper entrances
The idea us to let them open and close entrances with propolis as they see fit

Latest posts

Back