uploading photos

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abb

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
Langstroth
Number of Hives
hi every body i have just taken some close up photos of verroa mites which i collected after treatment and i want upload them to the forum , can any tell me how to do that ,it might be intresting to other members view. regards:confused:

On the window for a message there is a square like a photo, mountains and sun? I think you click on that and then upload images...Is that right Admin? Or start a photo album (making sure your images are saved as a jpeg), then tell people to look in your new album!

To add pictures to your post,click on the paperclip and browse to the picture on your computer then click on upload.

On the window for a message there is a square like a photo, mountains and sun? I think you click on that and then upload images...Is that right Admin? Or start a photo album (making sure your images are saved as a jpeg), then tell people to look in your new album!

This does work but first you would have to upload your photos to a web service such as Photobucket and then copy and paste the URL of the picture on the Photobucket website when you click on the mountain button.:conehead:

thanks every body for your help i managed to upload the photos , please have a look and see what you think. regards

The upload worked.

Have a look at skydragon's pics of varroa.

Everyone should have seen the FERA or DEFRA publication 'Managing Varroa'.

You could compare your pics with those.

RAB

This does work but first you would have to upload your photos to a web service such as Photobucket and then copy and paste the URL of the picture on the Photobucket website when you click on the mountain button.:conehead:
Or if in a suitable displayable format such as JPG, and not too big (< 19Mb) you can attach from your PC using the paperclip button, and that will show in the post :conehead::conehead:

19mb is an utterly colossal image file, far bigger than is even produced by most digital cameras, and nothing anywhere near that size should ever be uploaded (it weighs heavy on the forum server space, which costs money), and makes the page very slow to load for anyone on less than a really fast connection - all images should be cut down in size (from perhaps 3000x4000 to 600x800) then saved as an "optimised jpg" - which will give an image big and detailed enough, but that is gentle on the server space and those on slow connections - as an example, the following picture is only 86kb, but "does the job"

flutterby.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back