Ungrateful Ladies

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Yesterday morning I just popped round my hives to remove a couple of empty feeders and supers so they were all snug for the winter. At one of the out apiaries I had to lug equipment 300 metres. Pick up all the gear and started to walk away. 50 metres from the hive I stopped, removed my veil and readjusted my pile of equipment. Looking back I could see that one hive roof was on the slant. I walked back to adjust the roof. One lady zoomed out of the hive, bang into my face and stung me behind the glasses on the eyelid. I now look as though I fought in the rumble in the jungle.
It only takes a momnets forgetfulness. ( And before you say it admin at my age there are many moments!!)
:banghead:

Yesterday morning I just popped round my hives to remove a couple of empty feeders and supers so they were all snug for the winter. At one of the out apiaries I had to lug equipment 300 metres. Pick up all the gear and started to walk away. 50 metres from the hive I stopped, removed my veil and readjusted my pile of equipment. Looking back I could see that one hive roof was on the slant. I walked back to adjust the roof. One lady zoomed out of the hive, bang into my face and stung me behind the glasses on the eyelid. I now look as though I fought in the rumble in the jungle.
It only takes a momnets forgetfulness. ( And before you say it admin at my age there are many moments!!)
:banghead:

Its fun being a beek isn't it? :)

300 mtrs is a long way with a full super, can't you get better access?

At one of the out apiaries I had to lug equipment 300 metres.
You need a battery powered golf bag trolley.

Latest posts

Back