Uggs

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

birchdale

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
My lot have continued stinging my 'so last year' Uggs. Shame as they are so comfy . I spent half an hour pulling out the stings and gently washing them. Shows that the bees still respond to the sting pheramone a few days after the first sting.
I'll see if it happens again. hopefully not otherwise it will have to be the Hunter boots LOL!

My lot have continued stinging my 'so last year' Uggs. Shame as they are so comfy . I spent half an hour pulling out the stings and gently washing them. Shows that the bees still respond to the sting pheramone a few days after the first sting.
I'll see if it happens again. hopefully not otherwise it will have to be the Hunter boots LOL!

I doubt its the pheromone thats the cause, more likely they either dont like the fleece or think they are about to be robbed.

Have a read of this thread
http://www.beekeepingforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4637

Uggs - Bear feet spings to mind!

Perhaps wellies are more practical and safer?

Bees will get stuck in the fibrous sheepskin of UGGS. Maybe a trip to Primark or Lidl is needed for cheap wellies?

If you don't do cheap, it could be a shopping opportunity if you need 2010 boots apparently Hunter have brought out a festival wellie that they have brought out for this Summer.

Last edited:
Probably outraged at the fashion faux pas!

I wear a pair of riggers boots, £19.99 at Screwfix and other places. Almost the same price as a pair of wellies, but more comfortable, unless the grass is very wet or you like wading in puddles of course.

A rub down with raw linseed oil should help the waterproofing no end. :)

I had been thinking of that sort of thing: my oxblood leather zipped boots work fine but look quite odd with a beesuit....and my steelies and walking boots have those nice little lace ladders up the front for the bees to climb. Dealers' boots have the Achilles heel of that elastic inset...Hmm.

Probably outraged at the fashion faux pas!

Oops.....Yep my Uggs were Primark look a likes. Not a natural material in them!

It is odd as I have worn them for over 2 years, opening up many, many colonies and they have never attacked them before.

A bit of retail therapy beckons.

I will investigate the new 'festival' Hunter boots at a posh shop and then visit Primark for their version.

It is sad that the design appeal of all beekeeping stuff is so dreadfully old and boring. An opportunity for some feminine colours and designs.........I'm sure the girls would appreciate it. Crack on, crack on!

I once washed my old white suit with a red top. Instant pink suit came out!
So if you want one on the cheap, follow my instructions above and you too can have a luverly dayglo pink suit to surprise evryone at your next club apiary meeting or the SBI!

Latest posts

Back