Two pensioners squared up for a fight

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Considering the latest embarrassingly dismal display of “political debacle debate” I really do pity the citizens of USA. They have been manipulated even more than we have and are left with a Hobsons choice to be their latest political leader. Best they choose the least innocuous and then make a determined effort to change. Can we learn anything ?

Swarm 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
more than 20, less than 100.
When Attenborough said our world is in trouble, I considered climate change, the global pandemic and the buffoons in charge.
Very depressing.

The Poot in Somerset 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
Considering the latest embarrassingly dismal display of “political debacle debate” I really do pity the citizens of USA. They have been manipulated even more than we have and are left with a Hobsons choice to be their latest political leader. Best they choose the least innocuous and then make a determined effort to change. Can we learn anything ?
Manipulated is right.
Look up agenda 21 and agenda 30 - largely UN stuff
Also “The Great Reset” to be kicked off at the next Davos Economic Forum.
Our governments are not in charge. A huge change is coming.

victor meldrew 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
We are straying from the principals laid down by the BBKA reconstitution .
please wander back to the straight and narrow .

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
We are straying from the principals laid down by the BBKA reconstitution .
please wander back to the straight and narrow .
I thought dotards and living in the dark ages was their forte?!
I am confused; (a) are the principals of the BBKA dotards ? Or (b) is the suggestion that the BBKA's principles should be adhered to ?

The Poot in Somerset 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I thought this was the “political issues acceptable” part of the forum?

understanding_bees 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
Having seen part of the debacle / debate on TV, I recalled a phrase, "United we stand, divided we fall".
My "friend, Dr Google" found the following:

"United we stand, divided we fall" is a phrase that can be traced back some 2,600 years to 6th Century B.C. The first attributed use in modern times is by one of our nation's Founding Fathers, John Dickinson, in a song he wrote, "The Liberty Song." Most often, it is used when someone is looking to inspire unity and collaboration. Its premise is that together we can achieve greater success than we can alone.

My feelings are very mixed, feeling lament for those who are unable to change the situation, and feeling appalled at the intolerance of those who are stirring up the problems.

Heather 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
They reckon if there is a 'next debate' they will consider muting microphones to an interrupter....Look forward to seeing the dangerous orange idiots face when that happens. No one has shut him up yet. Poor USA

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Having seen part of the debacle / debate on TV, I recalled a phrase, "United we stand, divided we fall".
My "friend, Dr Google" found the following:

"United we stand, divided we fall" is a phrase that can be traced back some 2,600 years to 6th Century B.C. The first attributed use in modern times is by one of our nation's Founding Fathers, John Dickinson, in a song he wrote, "The Liberty Song." Most often, it is used when someone is looking to inspire unity and collaboration. Its premise is that together we can achieve greater success than we can alone.

My feelings are very mixed, feeling lament for those who are unable to change the situation, and feeling appalled at the intolerance of those who are stirring up the problems.
The divide and conquer strategies that both Trump and Johnson use have been proven as very effective throughout history. Creating divisions among the population and encouraging distrust and antagonism between local leaders seems to work well to prevent a unified response to change.

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
Of course.
"It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there’ll be any fruit. But that doesn’t mean you stop doing the right thing. You may never know what results come from your action. But if you do nothing, there will be no result."

Amari 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
They reckon if there is a 'next debate' they will consider muting microphones to an interrupter....Look forward to seeing the dangerous orange idiots face when that happens. No one has shut him up yet. Poor USA
T'was a rancorous debate between an ageing white man and an ageing orange man....

HughMann 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
So long as people keep voting and don't descend into apathy, the power of democracy can win in the end. Problem seems to be that the 'Hobsons choice' argument encourages voters to give away that power by not voting.

Karol 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
When Attenborough said our world is in trouble, I considered climate change, the global pandemic and the buffoons in charge.
Very depressing.
Buffoons in charge - go along with that.

Pandemic - not so much. Personal tragedies yes but not a 'species' tragedy. We have survived much worse than coronavirus and we are remarkably adept at responding to pandemics compared to any time in our prior history.

Climate change - if you mean CO2 - then I don't buy it. Haven't seen any robust evidence that elevated CO2 levels are responsible for global warming. Now if you mean as a consequence of deforestation, change in land use especially over exploitation of water resources (of which lithium ion mining for electric vehicles is one of the greatest culprits) and proliferation of continental size oceanic algal blooms from billions of tonnes of fertilizer and pesticide run off in the northern hemisphere then absolutely. (Just to be a little more positive - the Greenland ice sheet has been growing for the last few years as has Antarctica and polar bear populations are growing/thriving).

I would add that plastic and lithium ion battery waste are a far greater threat IMHO than a little bit of human generated CO2.

Last edited:

Murox 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
other
So long as people keep voting and don't descend into apathy, the power of democracy can win in the end. Problem seems to be that the 'Hobsons choice' argument encourages voters to give away that power by not voting.
Yes, thats a part of trump's strategy.

cwinte 

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
and the sweet workings of the universe provide them with some suitable rewards for their behaviours, schadenfreude??

Latest posts