• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Beekeeping Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Sold Two hives with bees for sale

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joswatson

New Bee
Reaction score
Number of Hives
I have kept bees for many years, but I have now become allergic to the stings and so sadly I am having to dispose of my two hives.

Each is a standard National hive, with two brood boxes and one or three supers. The bees derive from swarms from a local feral colony (in a hollow tree) that I collected 2 years ago. We are located in the hills above Abbeycwmhir (at about 300 metres), and so the environment is not ideal for bees. However, these two colonies are the strongest and most productive that I have kept – they seem to be well adapted to the Welsh hills. The downside is that they are rather aggressive, and so I would not recommend these bees for beginners.

One hive is stronger than the other. The prices are £175 for the stronger hive, £150 for the other, or £300 for both. All offers considered.

Sorry to hear that. Are they still available? Good luck with the sale.

Latest posts

Back