Two evil bees...

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pstafford

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
I have a hive in the garden and am fortunate to have very docile bees apart from two.

If you get close to the hive they buzz right around your head non-stop. If you walk away they follow.

To prove a point, I walked up to the hive and then walked off with these two dive bombing my veil and my friend (a fellow newbie beekeep) walked up to the hive and was ignored completely. As soon as the two that were following me got bored as I was far enough away, they started on him.

There is always one, well two in my case !

Are these not the guard bees?
When they die off others will replace them.

The same two grumpy gaurd bees at that! I have never got to know my individual bees that well, apart from betty, she was a dear and brenda, lovelly girl, oh babs of course, full of fun .............

:reddevil:

I had one on Sunday thought it was a wasp even came in the kitchen 3 hours patroling the garden even next door cats were driven out.

Grub

There is only one answer - don't smoke the bees, use the smoker to smoke yourself! I've discovered that nothing chases bees away from a beekeeper faster than a smoking beesuit :biggrinjester:

(Hack; cough; splutter)

There is only one answer

Don't be silly; there is nearly always an alternative.

There is another answer. Fly spray.

Regards, RAB

Another alternative is hair spray - it turns them into gliders:svengo:

(joking honest)

Another alternative is hair spray - it turns them into gliders

And with the James bond trick....... a smouldering blob!

(just joking as well)

Regards, RAB

Latest posts

Back