Twins

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bcrazy

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
nil bees given away all colonies
I think this is going to seem an extremely silly question. Its regarding the sperm entering the mycropyle of the egg.

We know the queen releases 4-6 individual sperm per egg to be fertilised. then what would happen if two sperm entered the egg and divided the nucleus into two would this produce twin bees? We know they are all either sisters or half sisters but why can't twins be born?

Mo

Um, they can. Just Google it. Something to do with period 46 oscillators. Or a Bee Gees tribute band. Sorted :D.

susbees wrote,
Um, they can. Just Google it. Something to do with period 46 oscillators. Or a Bee Gees tribute band. Sorted .

Please direct me to the relevent page. It will bee accompanied by the Bee Gees song (Don't know any songs by them). Jimmy Hendrix yeh!

Mo

that's great thank you, but this has me confused even more.

Mo.

Can the Nucleus be divided into two (or more) in AM ?

Hi Admin, Your question
Can the Nucleus be divided into two (or more) in AM ?
I do not know perhaps we have a member who could shed some light on this subject as i do not see any reason why it can't produce two identical cells.
Please remember that I and the majority of members are not and have not had any form of education in genetics or breeding from gene pools.

Mo

I do not think this is possible. Taking the process a step further, there would be two larvae in the cell and the house bees would then police the cell and kill one of the larvae or both.

But, like you BCrazy, I am no biologist.

Latest posts

Back