trying to find a beefarmer in measham

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nige.Coll

Drone Bee
Beekeeping Sponsor
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
some + a few more
i'm trying to find the bee farmer that has hives on the land off swepstone road measham previously owned by lovetts.

The land has been sold and the current owner has offered me your bees if I want them.
I don't want them as that is theft.
He has said that if they aren't moved by june he will crush them with a jcb.

please contact Andrews Haulage and arrange moving them, btw he is a cock...

i'm trying to find the bee farmer that has hives on the land off swepstone road measham previously owned by lovetts.

The land has been sold and the current owner has offered me your bees if I want them.
I don't want them as that is theft.
He has said that if they aren't moved by june he will crush them with a jcb.

please contact Andrews Haulage and arrange moving them, btw he is a cock...

That would be criminal damage. Could you not rescue them until the owner can be found? or maybe tell the press about his threats and see if they can help with finding the owner of them?

The land owner could probably post a simple notice to quit by the hives for 30 days and then repossess his land.

If there is no written agreement the hive owner has little or no protection and at this time of year should be visiting his hives regularly anyway.

Sad case though.

Last edited:
The land owner could probably post a simple notice to quit by the hives for 30 days and then repossess his land.

If there is no written agreement the hive owner has little or no protection and at this time of year should be visiting his hives regularly anyway.

Sad case though.

Lucky that for one of my sites I have a 100year lease then rent of 1 pound for the 100years.

Leave a note on hive, or if urgent move hives and leave note explaining the situation. As others have said BK will probably be visiting on a regular basis. Don't think he could complain too much. I know I wouldn't ☺☺☺

Having a written agreement is always better protection than a handshake, for obvious reasons.

Contacted the SBI he knows who owns them, hopefully they will be moved before the land is re-purposed.
I don't think he has any idea what 10+ hives of bees would do to a jcb driver if the hives were damaged.

Contacted the SBI he knows who owns them, hopefully they will be moved before the land is re-purposed.
I don't think he has any idea what 10+ hives of bees would do to a jcb driver if the hives were damaged.

Let me guess its for housing.

No it's been sold by UK coal and the new owner doesn't want them there and isn't interested in the beekeeper keeping them there. He is levelling the land and will simply flatten anything left on there.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Local BKA, for a start, for names?

No problem at all for a JCB driver as long as he is sharp enough to close his cab!

Local BKA, for a start, for names?

No problem at all for a JCB driver as long as he is sharp enough to close his cab!
Tried that. No joy.
The sbi has his details so leave it in his hands.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Well done Nige. That's the spirit. xx (was told to lengthen message by two characters)

Latest posts

Back