tree colony

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eatmorebeans

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Last edited:
Hi Beans

I don't know if it's my I-touch but I can't see the pics.FB

Heaven's they are exposed!
Best of luck.
As some people can't see them I've taken the liberty

6096087674_810875a91e.jpg

6095545225_04cd3388d5.jpg

Last edited:
Hi there.

I think you are right - they will not survive the winter. Looking at the comb they don't seem to have enough reserves to make it.

I would just take them down as is. Would not use the vacume.

Greets
Phil

How big is that cluster? Could you have a box on a pole to drop them into?

DO let us know how you get them down.

Do you have the means to reach it? Cheery picker or scaffold tower?

If so it's a simple "cut out".

Chris

No way to get a cherry picker or anything machanical there. I'll be using a triple extension ladder. It's about 50% bigger than a football I'd say. 3 of us are going to go for it when I get back from Holiday in a couple of weeks.

if you have an extension ladder I would secure to the tree use box or skep and do a cut out, that way you have the brood etc as well , knock the bees into the box ,cover and either lower them to the ground on a rope system or carry them down covered , good luck, it looks like they need a feed too, sort them out by tying into frames on the ground ,if you do it up the tree you could create problems for yourself

Hi there.

3 of us are going to go for it when I get back from Holiday in a couple of weeks.

In a couple of weeks????
You are aware of the fact that it is already September in two days time?

I would get them sorted asap - it will take maybe an hour to do if you put the comb in frames. All in all 2-3 hours of work with feeding and you can go on holiday knowing that all is well.

Greets
Phil

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back