Travel screen mesh

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
Number of Hives
None of my own
Hi

Trying to be diligent I blowtorched a travel screen I'd received which led to a small fire :dupe:

Even with my very limited DIY skills I feel I should be able to repair this - any recommendaitons as to what is the right type of mesh or where it can be purchased

Thanks in advance

Hi

Trying to be diligent I blowtorched a travel screen I'd received which led to a small fire :dupe:

Even with my very limited DIY skills I feel I should be able to repair this - any recommendaitons as to what is the right type of mesh or where it can be purchased

Thanks in advance

i bought some off ebay, they advertise both the plastic coatede ones as well but at present only galvernised or stainless

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Galvanised-Be...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2309094f60

If anyone interested in the outcome of this, the eBay link was £12 + £6 postage for 4x 450mm squares and JT quoted £10 + £3 postage for one 450mm square.

As this is to replace the mesh on one £12ish travel screen I'll probably just end up buying a new one.

Thanks to you both anyway

Afterthought - wouldnt galvanised be overkill for a travel screen anyway? Presumably some sort of fly screen mesh would suffice?

Last edited:
Hi i use the mesh from a old fire guard for my travel screen mesh.

Latest posts

Back