Trading Post

Beekeeping Forum

Help Support Beekeeping Forum:

Widdershins 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
....please can members with 20 (or however many posts is deemed fit) or more postings, have somewhere to swap/sell/giveaway stuff?

Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Number of Hives
0 - Now in beeless retirement!
but Widdy's ying and yang go clockwise - not widdershins. Is this a double bluff?

Widdershins 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
...but im not allowed to 'advertise' on there :svengo:

A 'Trading Post' can be for all things - courses, nucs, queens, beekeeping stuff to sell, stuff to swap etc.

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
Are you able to clarify this claim with perhaps an example of your own legitimate attempt to do so. Always assuming that it isn't seen to be a commercial venture.

Just because you aren't paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get you . . .

There is little point in complaining if you have no realistic basis for it, other than an imagined wrong.

I look forward to your example or your item for sale or swap thread Widders', so that we are better able to judge for ourselves that you are receiving fair justice. Good luck. Your world awaits you. :)

I feel that you may have somehow misunderstood Admin's :svengo: no advertising stance, which isn't aimed at crimping the reasonable needs of the membership. :grouphug:

The real answer is rarely to - Add another new section to the forum. I think we are past the early development stage where this might have been a valid cry.

Widdershins 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
its not paranoia, and, no, im not giving details for you to pull to bits and ponder over. What has gone before is between Admin and I.

If its such a bad idea, then why have others been positive about the initial post?

Last edited:

taff.. 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
its not paranoia, and, no, im not giving details for you to pull to bits and ponder over. What has gone before is between Admin and I.

If its such a bad idea, then why have others been positive about the initial post?
I'm confuddled.

you have something you want to advertise but it is not suitable for the forum I suggested is there for the purpose of selling stuff.

so you want admin to change the rules to allow you to advertise whatever it is you want to advertise which is currently outside of the rules. {breath}

:confused:

Hombre 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
14x12
Number of Hives
Ten
Ah, so if what has gone before is between Admin and yourself, why try to use the leverage of the forum to exert pressure for change, because like it or not, that is exactly what you appear to be doing.

If as you say the issue is between Admin and yourself, do not bring your gripe into the public domain.

Admin has given you a decision; the best advice now is that you learn to live with it.

I have no wish to pull to bits and ponder over. That you don't wish for that either, I wonder why you thought the thread was such a good idea in the first place. I'm with Taff in being a bit confused. I suspect we're not the only ones.

:)

Last edited:

jimbeekeeper 

Queen Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
....please can members with 20 (or however many posts is deemed fit) or more postings, have somewhere to swap/sell/giveaway stuff?
At first I thought this was a valid susgestion. A section to
swap/sell/giveaway stuff?
That has nothing to do with bees. A sort of forum ebay.

But then

A 'Trading Post' can be for all things - courses, nucs, queens, beekeeping stuff to sell, stuff to swap etc.

You talk about beekeeping of which there is a section?!:confused:

...If its such a bad idea, then why have others been positive about the initial post?
Only Somerford voiced positive, but I suspect in thought it was as I susgested about (ebay type)

Its this a thread to boost you post count?:toetap05:

Widdershins 

Field Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Alas, sussed by Jim - maybe i should stick to the 1st word in your head section! ;)

Somerford 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Wiltshire, Somerset, S Glos & S Oxfordshire
Hive Type
national
personally, I have alays felt that an ebay type section for beekeeping paraphanalia could

1. help raise funds for the site
2. allow people to sell via an 'auction' and contribute rather than to fleabay.

just my own view which is why I agreed

regards

S

SixFooter 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
national
Number of Hives
I'm with you Widdershins;I dont trust anyone who uses semi-colons!

Bcrazy 

Drone Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Number of Hives
nil bees given away all colonies
This forum is dedicated to bees, beekeeping and all periphery subjects appertaining to Honey bees.

Widdershins if your request is to do with bees and beekeeping then use the sub section for Sale and Wanted.

If your subject is not to do with Honey bess then please forget it, we have enough rubbish on the Beekeeping forum as it is.

Yes, im trying to take over the world!!
GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards;

gandalfwhitewizard 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
langstroth
Number of Hives
Let me add my 2p worth.....i think what my wife is trying to say is this....

We recently helped a fellow new beek at the tale end of last year and out of this a mutual agreement was struck we will provide a nuc this spring and he made a fantastic and i do mean fantastic observation nuc (national) and used no plans!

His trade (hobby) a joiner/woodturner...now pose this question how would that fit into the sale/wanted section????

So, its not a admin/widders thing ! Let me pose another one for good measure.....o.k. are running courses via omlet like Somerford this year now some would say this is a business advertisement thing...but hold on bear with me if someone wants say tution and has a skill/craft or can maybe provide a service would this not fit into the same remit again not for sale etc.

So, does this not warrant at least some thought?

ian 

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
none
Hi

Let's try this in the for sale section then.

NUC FOR SALE.
Willing to exchange/barter for service or hive parts.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts