trade ???

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren

New Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
None
well failed big time in trying to find a mentor in S Lincs, what if I teach some one how to ferret properly in return for being taught bee keeping?

EDIT: Sorry Darren I had to remove your pics due to complaints from members.
Admin.

i would help but a bit far for me, i to like ferreting and shooting i was tought buy a friend of mine who has been doing it for the last 60 years and i use all his nets all my friends who ferret use his they say there one of the best nets they have ever used i find you carnt beat a old had when learning new things.
best of look finding someone to help Andy

well failed big time in trying to find a mentor in S Lincs, what if I teach some one how to ferret properly in return for being taught bee keeping?

EDIT: Sorry Darren I had to remove your pics due to complaints from members.
Admin.

ok admin, we to have the problem of townies that have moved into the village, I walked into the pub with 4 rabbits which they watched me exchange with the land lord for 4 pints of guinness, the next night they went back with a petition to have me banned, and went to the parish council to complain about me, unfortunately for them, their house was rented of a local farmer (my dad lol) they got their 90 day notice to quit, and the beet pile was put next to the house so they had a noisy week and a bit of dumping then loading into the lorries 7 days a week for 10days plus all the mud, some people forget this is the countryside, you have to look after it and maintain it, much like a beehive I suppose, eradicating any pests/predators

Last edited:
I got to see the photos and my first impression was amazing photos what you can achieve with digital cameras is impressive, ok not to everyones taste but as you say Darren its the countryside and as long as the rabbits dont go to waste. I grew up in the country and had a grandfather who took part in all sorts of hunting sadly I never got to know him but would of loved it if he was able to show me how and have always had a desire to be a game keeper and right now a desire for rabbit stew and if I could get a rabbit from Mr Tesco I doubt it will be the superior wild rabbit.

Similar here Andy.
We're overrun by rabbits and a couple of guys with lurchers asked the local farmer if they could take a few - yes, no problem.

But of course local incomers complained so as he likes to be friendly with everyone he asked them to stop.

Bloody rabbits are everywhere.

Brilliant Darren, Julie and I howled at that story.

I wonder why it is that people who eat meat shudder at the sight of a dead rabbit?

As one who ferreted (or literally starved) then good on you.

Shame you are too far away for me to assist but you can certainly have my number if you want it.

PH

They need to see a carpet of rabbits one evening, decimating their lovely gardens. It might bring home the scale of the problem.

Hi

If they don't want to see pictures of Thumpa strung up why the bloody hell are they looking................................

Regards Ian

Nothing wrong with ferreting,shooting,trapping rabbits,the old steel gin traps were very effective at trying to control rabbit numbers,and the rabbits killed helped feed a great many people,plus pay a lot of bills.

To be fair to the person who complained their concern was for the forum, they did not want any of the "Fish feel pain when hooked" brigade causing a problem on the forum

I tend to agree with the member, I always have a hand of Venison in the freezer as my uncles the local gamekeeper around here, I can shoot rabbits with my eyes shut and used to ferret myself as a kid.

Trouble is being a beekeeping forum we will tend to attract a certain type at times that could cause us a problem with pics of dead animals.

I know its b*llocks but thats the way of the world now,eating meat is fine as long as you dont know how it died.

I know its b*llocks but thats the way of the world now,eating meat is fine as long as you dont know how it died.

Try living in london, our last BKA visit to communty fair to promote honeybees ended up with being haranged by a Vegan who thought Beekeeping Cruel and we enslaved bees and stole their honey so they could not all survive winter

I dont know who complained but thanks for all the support folks, thanks also to Oliver 90 who rang and gave me some great tips.
Tom not a single rabbit ever gets wasted you'll be pleased to hear can change a few in the pub we eat a few , the reptile shop in wisbech has a few , the ferrets the odd one the old fellas often get given one, and occassionally the Red Lion Hotel in Spalding has 20 for the resturaunt and then as a last resort the butcher, last resort because he only pays a pound yet sells them for £4.50 without doing anything to them as I have already done it .I try to harvest as much as possible from the land to feed myself and my wife and our foster son in the last couple of years has become a competant ferretter, if you'd like to see what we get upto have a look at my site just follow the link, they would love to see some bee keepers there

Edited by Admin,please dont lnk to your own forum,its spam.

Latest posts

Back