Tool caddy

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The contents are very randomly placed...

Attachments

• IMG_20201109_083754207_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20201109_083754207_HDR.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 58
My entry:
Designed to be a Quiet Box/Tool Caddy/Swarm Collection Box. It is sized to fit Rose Hive frames, so needs to be about 35mm deeper for National. There is generous beespace so that frames with QCs will not be damaged. The tool box fits inside and has its own carry handle. (Spiders are optional :) )

View attachment 22891View attachment 22892View attachment 22893View attachment 22894View attachment 22896View attachment 22897View attachment 22898
That’s brilliant, I like the built in versatility and the waterproof lid is a good idea.

non bovem de stercore.

Sheffiff Beesuit pockets with Velcro tops
plus one of these.... If I put a toolbox down on the ground I would fall over it !

eBay item number:

Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing.

I have a Tote bag from Homebase reduced to £5 when they were sold off.

It holds smoker, blowlamp etc easily.. As it has a strong base and flexible sides, carrying it does not create the bruises a wooden one does when laden. It always needs a cleanout

I saw this stool being used by Paul G Kelly of the University of Guelph in Canada on one of his beekeeping videos on YouTube - I do realise little of what he talks about is directly applicable to wet Welsh beekeeping :Wales_flag: but I not only liked his shorts :eek: but was struck by how useful his portable toolbox / seat looked - not that I've ever sat down for beekeeping - my first stand being far too tall didn't help - will be cutting that down during the winter. I have yet to look at making one of these tool boxes but might give it a go this winter too - perhaps adapted by some of the excellent ideas I've seen here :unsure: Still, as they might just be of interest to others I thought I'd throw them into the ring : Hive Stool – Honey Bee Research Centre 1605031200938.png
1605031233091.png

I saw this stool being used by Paul G Kelly of the University of Guelph in Canada on one of his beekeeping videos on YouTube - I do realise little of what he talks about is directly applicable to wet Welsh beekeeping :Wales_flag: but I not only liked his shorts :eek: but was struck by how useful his portable toolbox / seat looked - not that I've ever sat down for beekeeping - my first stand being far too tall didn't help - will be cutting that down during the winter. I have yet to look at making one of these tool boxes but might give it a go this winter too - perhaps adapted by some of the excellent ideas I've seen here :unsure: Still, as they might just be of interest to others I thought I'd throw them into the ring : Hive Stool – Honey Bee Research Centre View attachment 22929
View attachment 22930
Now you are talking, what a good idea, I often find I need to sit down when I am at the bees having passed the tree score years and ten. This or something like it could solve two problems, ok a bit bulky but put down in the middle of the bee yard would be alright. THANK YOU.

Now you are talking, what a good idea, I often find I need to sit down when I am at the bees having passed the tree score years and ten. This or something like it could solve two problems, ok a bit bulky but put down in the middle of the bee yard would be alright. THANK YOU.
Thank you Malcolm, if I get around to making one this winter I'll post some pics here. Only 3 years off the three score and ten myself!

Well I have made a new caddy, some people will say it’s overkill but when someone mentioned a combined seat I had an epiphany and this is the result, everything goes in this and I have a seat to rest on as well.

Attachments

• 4A8211ED-A1A0-4F04-B7C9-69A7B4E0F4B3.jpeg
    4A8211ED-A1A0-4F04-B7C9-69A7B4E0F4B3.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 53
  • 516CAA8A-A1C5-41DF-B039-D4BD734E0A9F.jpeg
    516CAA8A-A1C5-41DF-B039-D4BD734E0A9F.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
Well I have made a new caddy, some people will say it’s overkill but when someone mentioned a combined seat I had an epiphany and this is the result, everything goes in this and I have a seat to rest on as well.
I think you will need a sit-down by the time you've carried that to the apiary! :)
Nice job.

Thank you Malcolm, if I get around to making one this winter I'll post some pics here. Only 3 years off the three score and ten myself!

That epitomises the problems with today's youngsters.

No stamina.

Latest posts

Back