Tonight's Pyjama Party

Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum

Help Support Beekeeping & Apiculture Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

margob99

House Bee
Reaction score
Hive Type
National
Number of Hives
Anyone else's bees out on the porch in their pyjamas again?

No not mine.

It's the third day of continuous torrential rain and it's still bloody raining.

Is it raining in London ?
Just started here in south Hants.

Is it raining in London ?
Just started here in south Hants.

Dry on the coast between Portsmouth and Southampton although I wish we had a little more light rain to help with the nectar flow.

on and off drizzling/light rain all day.....nice up until around 1pm here in Manchester. Wish my bees had had better weather to get used to their new home. At least after the rain everything will be fresh and cool for them and they can get out and snuffle about the allotments :)

Lol, it's been raining here all week and we have a hosepipe ban too. The cheek! All that money they charge for stuff that falls from the sky. They waste it with old cracked pipes and we have to pay, but not be able to use it as we like! Grrrrr, don't get me started. :rant:

Rant over, I feel much calmer lol

Karen

Us too. Boo!
All we hear about on they telly is the hot weather and we've had continuous rain ever since the hose pipe ban started! :(

Am venturing south for a few days to find some sun. Watch the clouds follow me!

Water is free until it lands on the ground, then it belongs to the Water Board.

Does this mean the Water Board is responsible for flood damage?

Chucking it down for three days. stopped in the early hours today but it looks a bit grim in the Western sky. Bees were still foraging though, even though every website I googled says categorically that honey bees don't fly in the rain. Well my bees haven't been told that.

We havnt had good rain for weeks, I'm surprised we dont have a hosepipe ban yet.

Anyone else's bees out on the porch in their pyjamas again?

Are they still outside tonight?. if they are then rather than fanning, it could be overful

what is the number of supers you have on and how are they being drawn out, it could just be too many forgagers to fit your brood box... iassume you have a 14x12 like most in London , but as i have not asked, so if you are on standards then even more likely to be overcrowding

i been up to mine today and added an extra Super not because they have drawn all the current supers but becuase i want to give them a bit more brood space just to use over night..i am away part of next week..just insurnace

Depends how far south - East Devon had rain all day yesterday, showers today and (allegedly) thundery showers tomorrow...

I wonder what they are doing and what stimulus made them all venture out like that.

Has it happened again?

Latest posts

Back